Pretty unhappy about first month service so far (billing)
bhunt70

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the internet provided. My speeds are great, my install was pretty good. Everything works.

What I'm not happy about is the billing.  I signed up right before Christmas and was told if my first two bills were on time then I would receive a Visa Gift Card for $200 (I think).  So January rolls around and I get the notification to pay my bill.  I hit up the website and it says I owe X amount and that my autopay will precess on a specific date.  So I think to myself, cool, autopay is going to pay my bill just like the many years I had DSL.

So today I check the mail.  It's a verizon bill for 2X, basically two months of service due.  WAIT, I thought autopay took care of that.  So I look on the Verizon webpage again, now it says that my bill will autopay Feb 6 at the 2X amount.

So obviously my autopay doesn't work.  I tried to set up another autopay withdrawal from my bank and it says I'm not elligible. WHY? It worked for years with DSL.  I entered a chat support session and had very little answer aside from having to de-enroll and re-enroll all over.

Ultimately I had to enter a credit card because I could not get it to withdrawal from my bank even though I know I have funds.  I even called the bank to see if an ACH or transfer from Verizon has been denied in the last month and they said nothing was out of place.  So now I'm just a little mad.  I was expecting/hoping to be elligible for the VISA gift card and thought my autopay was working like it was supposed to.

I suggest Verizon NOT post that an autopay is going to take place if it's not going to take place because there are many people just like me who see that an autopay will post and then not worry about it. That's kind of the reason to use autopay.

I feel just a bit cheated because if something has worked for years I kind of expect it to work, especially if it says it will work.

0 Likes
Re: Pretty unhappy about first month service so far (billing)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bhunt70,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes