Security Deposit Refund
liddie5

Upon opening my accound July of 2014, I was told I needed to place a security deposit of $250. I explained that I would only be needing verizon service for two months asking if they would waive the deposit. They told me that since I would only be using it 2 months, I still had to put a deposit of $250 down but once I returned my equipment, I would receive my deposit back within 60-90 days after return. My service ended in September 2014 and all my equipment was returned by October 2014. I have called multiple times asking where the refund was and kept getting different answers. In December after talking to around 15 people for 2 and a half hours they told me my check was in the mail. This was not the case and I call again the beginning on January.

This process has been horrible and I have told friends to avoid getting Verizon because they will just lose the $250. I have read a huge amount of people who post similar responses. The whole point of a security deposit is to ensure that Verizon gets their equpment back. It is ridiculous that upon returning equipment in working condition, the deposit is not immediately returned. There are also serious flaws with calling customer service needing to explain your situation to 15 different people and getting different answers from eveyone. I  have never had a problem like this with my verizon wireless but now I will never again use Verizon for cable or internet. I should have gotten my $250 back but I am still waiting for my refund.

0 Likes
Re: Security Deposit Refund
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi liddie5,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your security deposit. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes