Sent to collections over the CableCards I returned
FrustratednVA

I canceled service (account # {edited for privacy}) mid-August 2012 and was sent a return kit (RMA {edited for privacy}). I followed the instructions that came in the box, I put the cable cards in the plastic trays that the tech left when installed, and placed them in the white bubble mailer that was included. I used the prepaid shipping box to return the set-top box, FiOS router, and the two CableCards - which I took to a local UPS store. October 22, 2012, 49 days after the last statement that was paid to -0-, I got another bill later saying I owed money for unreturned equipment, more precisely the two CableCards. The UPS tracking number ({edited for privacy}) showed that the box was delivered and signed for.

I have since spoken a countless circle of Verizon customer service reps, some who transferred me to collections (where my calls after a month later defaulted) who would then transfer me to customer service, internet customer service, the 3rd party company that actually handles the equipment returns for Verizon, and other groups. All of which had 30 to 55 minute wait in between. Most of the time the agents would tell me they could not assist and transfer me to one of the aforementioned groups. I did speak with several supervisors within different groups ({edited for privacy}] in IL, Suzy in Tampa, FL, Jeremy in Dallas TX, and Veronia in AZ) who all promised to enter cases and call me back when they had more information - all of which I am still awaiting a return call.

What is laughable to me, is that this exact thing happened when I moved from my Abbots Cross Lane address to the address tied to the aforementioned account number the previous year. The FiOS router was "lost" for several months and then was found in the warehouse. That issue took monthly phone calls to customer service to finally have that issue resolved.

Somehow, Verizon (or your 3rd party equipment company) managed to get everything other piece of equipment in the box except for the CableCards. Given that they were also packed in the provided white bubble mailer - I doubt they could just be lost. Every attempt to dispute this inaccuracy, that is now denting my credit reports, is faced with a boiler plate response. If that UPS tracking number and the fact that all my other equipment that was sent in the same box was returned is not enough, what is? Is my credit supposed to be ruined because of an inaccuracy with your 3rd party and their inventory of the CableCards returned? Judging from this board, I'm not alone in my experience. What is there left for me to do to not have to pay this fraudulent charge and repair the inaccuracies in my credit reports?

0 Likes
Re: Sent to collections over the CableCards I returned
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes