Service changed without permission
hotopic

In November 2011 I entered into a 24 month contract where I received both the FiOS Digital Voice and FiOS Internet 25/25 service for the monthly price of $58.34 a month. In February 2013, unbeknownst to me and without my permission, Verizon removed my FiOS Internet 25/25 service and replaced it with the FiOS Internet 50/25.  After they made this switch they more than doubled my monthly bill ($117.27).

I had setup a reoccurring payment where my bank would automatically pay Verizon $58.34 every month. Because of this, and knowing that I was in contact until November 2013, I was not actively viewing my monthly statements. In August and by pure happenstance, I discovered the billing error and called customer service immediately. I’ve spoken to four agents on four separate dates.

The conversations each time were generally the same. They acknowledged that the issue stemmed from February 2013 when my service tier was changed. I asked them how Verizon could change my services without my permission. They claim they would never change a service without the customer’s permission but they were unable to provide any supporting documentation that I requested or approved this change. I would them ask them to move be back to the 25/25 service to which they replied that they could not because they no longer offer that service. Finally I asked them that I wanted to terminate my contact because of this unauthorized price increase. I was told I would be liable for the $360 early termination fee.

On each occasion I would ask to speak to a supervisor and was always told that one was not available and that I would receive a call back. I have never received a single call back.

Below is a list of the agents I’ve spoken to along with the dates:

Jose (8/9/2013) - Said supervisor would call me later that day - No call

Joyce (8/20/2013) - Said supervisor would call me later that day - No call

Andrew (8/30/2013) - Said supervisor would call me Tuesday 9/3 - No call

Wendy (10/25/2014) - Said supervisor would call me later that day - No call

I believe my rights as a consumer are being violated when a public service such as Verizon changes a service in a contract without the consumer’s permission and then insists that the consumer pay for that change without being given the option to terminate the contract without penalty.

I’m asking for the $532.10 that I was overcharged from February 2013 – November 2013 to be reversed

0 Likes
Re: Service changed without permission
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Service changed without permission
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 
We have yet to hear back from you in regards to this. As such we will be closing out your private support case. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns by creating a new thread

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M

0 Likes