Shadow Queue Death Spiral with Quantumn/HBO deal
mattand
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Just wanted to pass on my experiences with trying to apply for an Verizon advertised upgrade and the dreaded "Shadow Queue" where orders langusih in Limbo for eterenity.

I'm trying to take adavantage of a Verizon promo they recently mailed me: upgrade to Quantum 50/25 and get a free year of HBO. According to the fine print on the flyer, we are eleigble for this promo. My first attempt was on Friday, July 3, and have tried several times since then.

I found out on Wednesday that there was some unknown problem with my account that's preventing the order from going through.

Today I found out that the orders are going straight to something called the Shadow Queue and only Fufillment Service can fix it. Customer Service cannot give me an ETA as to when (or even if) this issue will be dealt with.

Overall, this whole experience has been incredibly disappointing. Customer Service has been very helpful and patient, but all they can do is talk to Fufillment Services and hope for the best. Like me, they are be given no info to work with.

If there are any Verizon reps reading this, any help would be appreicated. It's not the end of the world if I don't get this promo, but it's really disingenous of Verizon to offer this promo to me and then go "Ha! Just kidding! Maybe you'll get, maybe you won't. We'll never tell!"

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

0 Likes
Re: Shadow Queue Death Spiral with Quantumn/HBO deal
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Shadow Queue Death Spiral with Quantumn/HBO deal
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mattand,

We've cleared the order and confirmed with you all services are working properly. At this time we are closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes