Switching Providers- How Can I Avoid an Early Termination Fee?
Yentes

So I'm considering and most likely will switch away from Verizon and to a different provider for my three services (Internet/TV/Home Phone). I'm under a 2 year contract that expires in June. I want to switch providers while also keeping my home phone number which as I understand, can take a few days to process. Ideally, I want to make the transition as smooth as possible while avoiding any unnecessary costs.

If the contract expires in June, when exactly can I authorize the other provider to begin transitioning my phone service and install the new equipment while avoiding an ETF AND being charged for a month out of contract?

I see that the maximum ETF is $230 minus $10 for each month of full service under contract. Doesn't that mean that after 23 months I wouldn't be charged an ETF? If so, are there other any penalties to terminating early?

0 Likes
Re: Switching Providers- How Can I Avoid an Early Termination Fee?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Yentes wrote:

So I'm considering and most likely will switch away from Verizon and to a different provider for my three services (Internet/TV/Home Phone). I'm under a 2 year contract that expires in June. I want to switch providers while also keeping my home phone number which as I understand, can take a few days to process. Ideally, I want to make the transition as smooth as possible while avoiding any unnecessary costs.

If the contract expires in June, when exactly can I authorize the other provider to begin transitioning my phone service and install the new equipment while avoiding an ETF AND being charged for a month out of contract?

I see that the maximum ETF is $230 minus $10 for each month of full service under contract. Doesn't that mean that after 23 months I wouldn't be charged an ETF? If so, are there other any penalties to terminating early?

Not sure if its after the 23 month or the 24 month.  No additional penalties for terminating early.

0 Likes