Tablet Reward
stephenwalker26

I recently signed up for Verizon FiOS and as a reward for doing so I was given a "free" tablet offer. However, in order to use the tablet you have to activate a new wireless connection which costs at least $10 a month. It doesn't seem like much of a reward when you have to pay out of pocket costs for it especially since the reward is a tablet that can utilize wifi and does not necessarily need a wireless phone connection. In the future I would recommend rewards that do not come with strings attached.

0 Likes
Re: Tablet Reward
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The reward is for a free tablet that just has wifi or $200 off of a tablet that needs 4G and you must activate a data plan.

0 Likes
NeedOintment

Untrue on it being a free wifi only tablet.  I tried to redeem my coupon the other day and was specifically told I MUST purchase a data plan in order to redeem.  They try to make you think it is "only" $10/month, which I may have done it if that were true, but that $10 is to put the tablet on a share plan, you then also have to get the data to go with the share plan and the lowest is set at $20/month.  So in other words, to get the "free" tablet, you have to commit to purchase a minimum of $30/month in services that you were not already buying.  Mind you, I am already paying Verizon about $200/month for TV/Phone/FIOS Internet. 

My two years were up, I went to price a new bundle, ended up getting what I feel is a good deal, I have 200 more channels, 50/50 internet for only $5/month more.  The free tablet was a sweetener but man do I feel duped. 

The guy at the Verizon store of course did his job, in other words, he wanted to see if he could make this worth my while so naturally, he was trying to pull me away from my cell phone carrier.  Offered me $150 account credit to make up for the fact that I have to pay an early termination on my existing provider.  Of course, never mind I would have to buy two new phones (me and the wife) and get 6GB of data (I stream HBO go at the gym a lot, their WiFi can't handle it) and my wireless bill would then STILL also be more than what I am currently paying. 

Oh well, I'll keep my FIOS services for now but man I will really read the fine print twice next time.  I thought I was getting a free tablet with two year activation, me thinking that it was a new FIOS Quantum activation and not two years with Verizon Wireless. 

0 Likes
DyerV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want Verizon to know that I will be more careful before accepting their free rewards* [the "*" indicates caveat].

If my bil with both Verizon (residential) and AT&T (wireless) were not so high, I may have considered their 'free' reward. It's ... nice ... they offer something for loyalty [although no where as much as for new customers).

I declined the tablet offer because I didn't want to add more to my bill. If it had the wifi option, it certainly would have mattered.

But this was a ploy, plain and simple, to get even more from a long-time (only 7+ years) customer under the guise of free*. Seriously, Verizon, if you're going to offer something as a reward, how about making it free*? I get the tablet but ONLY if I activate a wireless account(because I'm not with Verizon wireless, it's apparently $20.00, not $10.00), for two years ($175.00 early termination fee applies).

Free*. No, not free.

Next time Verizon, you want to offer me a reward for re-upping or adding something, make it  free**

*strings attached!

** NO strings attached.

Stixbaraca
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is total **bleep**...read the small print!!

mbently1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah - 

Not Happy with this CRAPPY, decietful  award

IMO Verizon needs to replace this 'reward' with a real one, lest they lose customers DirecTV is looking better all the time Been a FIOS customer quite a while,

Louievinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going to file a complaint with the FCC or FTC regarding this bogus tablet offer

Lexusmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told in February 2015, via telephone, that if I renewed my account for 2 years I'd receive a "FREE" tablet.

I still have not received any further info on this.

Is this false advertisiing? I wonder how this info would be accepted on social media. When something is promised

to a customer, it should be given.

I specifically asked the salesperson if there were any conditions associated with the "FREE" tablet, I was told, NO, this is a reward.

I'd like to receive this REWARD as well as would everyone else who was promised this. 

0 Likes
Lexusmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will never trust Verizon after this scam.  I am definitely NOT renewing my subscription at the end of my term and I am telling all of my friends and family of this scam as well. Let's

see who give the best REAL deal next time!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lexusmom,

Have you contacted Verizon Customer Support to inquire about the tablet offer you are expecting?

Contact Us

0 Likes