To Lowell Adams: your service cancellation charge is an unfair business practice
arlingtonva
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Mr. Adams,

I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless and Residential customer for several years.  We are now relocating to an area where your company does not provide Residential coverage.  When I called Customer Service to disconnect my service, I learned that I will be subject to an $150 cancellation charge because I am under a 2 year contract. 

I am apalled that Verizon would subject its customers to such high charges.  Cancellation due to an employment change and relocation is not something that can be predicted.  Nearly any service organization should factor in uncontrollable outside factors when leveraging these types of fees. In addition, we should not be penalized for the fact that Verizon does not offer service in the area where we will be moving.

I strongly feel that this is an unfair business practice - and one that should be changed.  I for one will now be reconsidering my Verizon Wireless service for my entire family and business.  I will also be appealing to my Better Business Bureau about this issue, and sharing this terrrible experience with my entire social network.  I hope that you will consider changing it to keep your loyal customers in the future.

A dissatisfied Arlington VA resident

Re: To Lowell Adams: your service cancellation charge is an unfair business practice
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Such communicatons need to be sent to Verizon directly. This is a peer to peer support forum, and nobody from Verizon will be reading your post.

0 Likes