Total Scam - Unreturned Equipment Charge
mcmartin

I have been charged $99 for a piece of equipment that I returned to Verizon via UPS.  I have the confirmation from UPS that it had been received, however when I told the very unhelpful 'customer service rep" Denise, she said that the receipt meant nothing and that  it was only when the Verizon warehouse staff logged the equipment into the system, would my account be credited! And she had no idea how long that might take.

I was then told that it would take 3 Billing cycles before the credit would show up on my account!!!!!!! So they take $99 from me for equipment that they had received, and keep it for over 3 months, an interest free loan without my permission!

I was then told that if I had called before the bill had been paid they might have been able to put a hold on the account, but since I pay by autopay this was not possible.

Denise (customer service rep) then said there was nothing she could do, even though she could see that I had returned the equipment. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. Denise then said that the supervisors could do nothing either, as the supervisors are only there to make sure that 'they' (customer service reps) do their job!

I then asked to speak to them regardless, and Denise said they are all in a meeting.  How many is "all" About 20 supervisors ALL in a meeting not one able to take my call. I then asked for ONE of the 20 to contact me when they left the meeting, but have yet to receive a call or email.

This is clearly how Verizon, scams their customers out of money and gets an interest free loan whilst they are at it!

Unfortunately Verizon is the only provider in our area

WARNING: when returning equipment, keep every receipt and document everything, and take your account off autopay and or call to make sure they dont charge you !

0 Likes
Re: Total Scam - Unreturned Equipment Charge
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes