Two boxes, now one.
Av58230p

I just got off the phone with customer service. The lady who helped me was very nice but unable to explain my issue...

I have two set boxes and recently moved one of them to another room. That box worked for a good two days. Then all of a sudden it stopped working and the error message saying to reset the box or use quick code 8803 should solve the issue. I tried the first many times which prompted me to calling. The issue from what I understand, is that there is only one box showing up on the account. If I had another one it should say (Rent): set Top Box . On my account there is one which says that but I was then told that is the initial box. In order to have two boxes it would be $15 (7.99 for each). So 2 (Rent) Set top boxes on my account. However -

Two things that are confusing me:

1. The rent box is what I believe to be IS the second box which stopped working out of the blue.

2. I have had two boxes which have been working perfectly fine up until yesterday. So why is there only one listed on my account?

Huh????

And no, I didn't sneak in a second box and make it work technicality wise - if I had and were doing this illegally I would probably know how to fix this issue.

Can some one help? Or know if you're given your first box as per the service and any addition would be listed as Rent: set top box?

MANY thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: Two boxes, now one.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes