Unable to log-in to My Verizon FOR MONTHS
RichardBangser

I'm unable to log-in to My Verizon to pay my bill, view my bill, nothing. Every kind of error message comes up when I try to utilize the "forgot email" "forgot password" "forgot user ID" buttons. It doesn't recognize any of the information I've already given it and they already have -- like my phone number(s). The Verizon website is worthless, and from what I see from others in this forum, the customer support for people having similar problems (going back to 2010) is negligible. Calling customer support on the phone, I get batted around to and from all the various tentacles in the Verizon monopoly - landline, wireless, fios (whatever that is) - and nobody is able to help - least of all the people in India or wherever. I've intergrated all my services (landline + cell service) on to their "One Bill" program. Thankfully, I still get that bill in the mail and am able to pay the old fashioned way. But, I'd like the option of paying online. Verizon's website(s) is/are a fruitless maze of dead ends. I'm in my fourth hour of dealing with this today, not much patience left.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to log-in to My Verizon FOR MONTHS
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes