Unauthorized Channels Added to Our Account
jj3617

On August 23rd, we received an email from Verizon that said that we had a made a recent change in our service and they wanted to give us helpful information about our next bill.  We had not made any changes to our service so my husband called Verizon to get more information.  They said that we had ordered the Playboy channel in the previous month from our setbox and we would have been sent an email confirming the order.  We never ordered that channel and did not receive any emails confirming the order.  We set a password on the setbox to prevent unauthorized purchases and don't even know it because we did not need to know it.  My husband asked them to cancel the channel and please credit our account.  The customer service rep cancelled the channel but refused to credit our account.  They said that they can't credit our account because it was supposedly ordered through our setbox.  He emphasized that we did not even know the password to make changes through our setbox and we did not receive an email confirming the order.  The customer service rep would not do anything so my husband asked to speak to the supervisor.  He also refused to do anything so my husband said that we would be cancelling our service and asked that our service is shut off at the next billing cycle.  They only told us that it had been order last month on the setbox but did not give us a date.  

Any help in geting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Channels Added to Our Account
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Channels Added to Our Account
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be closing out this case due to resolution.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes