Unreturned Items Bill went to Collections
NIDO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have read several threads with same issue, wonder why Verizon not taking care of this frequently occuring problem. However here is what has happened to me:

I have closed my Verison FIOS Trip Play account in January 2012 and as per the procedure I got the return boxes along with the returned labels. I packed the items, dropped them at UPS store. Then I got my final bill which I paid on time and everything was all set.

But after 3 months i was just checking my old account and saw a bill of $583. I was amazed to see because I always paid my bills on time and also was not on a Contract. So I called Verizon, asked for the Bill, the Rep told me that this amount is for Equipment not returned. I stated her that I have already sent back the items and then Rep said that this happens and we will clear your amount soon. I thought this is all set now.

But in Sept 2012, I got call from a collection company "CBE Collection" that I still owe that $583 to Verizon. I talked to that collection company and they said that I should send them fax with all my details. I did so and then I didn't got any response from them. I though that this time it is all set.

But in March 2013, i got call for a new collection company "Chase Collections" that I owe $583 to Verizon. I told him the whole story that I've stated above, that person also asked for all information via Fax. Which I did, then he said that Verizon will look into it and we will not call you any more.

In April 2013, I was devastated to see my Credit Score dropped by 100+ Points. I checked detailed report and found that Verizon has reported my account as unpaid which has caused this. Now I am calling Verizon every week and getting same reponse that they are processing an Adjusment to my account and I don't have to Pay anything. Even a collection office also have talked to me and said that they are going to pull the unpaid info from Credit Bureaus.

My issue is still open, I just checked today again. My balance is still not cleared and unpaid amount has also not removed from my credit history.

In all this, there is no mistake from my side. I request this forum community to guide me, should I see a lawyer for help? Because I had to buy a new car, but with this Credit Score no one is going to give me a good deal. Any Suggesstion will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Unreturned Items Bill went to Collections
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NIDO,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Unreturned Items Bill went to Collections
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and good morning NIDO,

We were able to resolve your issue and we are closing your private support case. You now have a balance of zero on your closed account and thank you for bearing with us while we took care of the problem. Please let us know if you have any other issues you would like to address. Have a great day!

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes