• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
radhiap

Upgraded to FIOS and am being billed by DirecTV for early termination fee?!?!

Hello,

I am fairly new to Verizon. My story in a nutshell is this: I signed up with Verizon for the triple play bundle at the end of February. With this bundle came the high-speed enhanced deal, which was incredibily slow and frustrating, and DirecTV, which sucked when it rained a few times.

At the initial sign up, I placed my name on a wait list for FIOS, which I was told would be soon. After several calls to Verizon complaining about the internet problem, I was told it's probably the wiring in the home that is causing the problem.

Then, probably three weeks after, I received a call from a representative informing me that FIOS was available. He asked if I would like to upgrade. I said yes, without hesitation. After being assured by the rep that I would not incur any early termination fee from Verizon or DirecTV because I was not changing from Verizon to another company, we set up an installation date.

Verizon came in did some re-wiring and replaced all the receivers, etc. Everything worked fine...it was all coming together, finally. They handed me the DirecTV equipment and said I have to call DT to return the equipment as they don't take it.

I called DirecTV to return the equipment, spoke with one of their reps and told her why I was returning the equipment. She took the info, spoke with a supervisor and came back on the line to say that her supervisor will disconnect the service after she hung up with me and I should be receiving a kit in the mail to return the equipment. We went over not having to worry about any early termination fees and she said if that was what I was told, then I shouldn't be billed for any. She also said check my account in a few days, and I'll see the disconnect message.

I check my DirecTV account and lo and behold! I am being billed for $499.89 in early termination fees. Why should I be billed for early termination fees when I am only upgrading my very short service with Verizon When I signed up DirecTV came with the bundle service, it was part of the whole package -- not something I had a choice of. In order to get the discount for the bundle I had to take it. Upgrading with the same company should not cause the consumer to be penalized -- that should be between Verizon and DirecTV. 

This is very poor business practice on Verizon's part and I will dispute it. Since signing up with Verizon, I've had nothing but problems.!!

Contributor
radhiap
0 Kudos

Re: Upgraded to FIOS and am being billed by DirecTV for early termination fee?!?!

This issue has been resolved somewhat and here's why: I received a credit on my Verizon account of approximately $435.00 (rounded) but now my Verizon bill has several charges that are questionable. Before this credit was added, my next bill would have been just over $210.00. 

After the credit was added, my next bill went up to $340.00!! With the credit of $435 and some more charges, I now have a credit of $115 on my account.

Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate Verizon working with me and having the good grace to credit almost all of the early termination fee for Direct TV  but seeing my bill inflated is a serious headache.

My befuddlement now lies with my current bill -- it shows several  charges for FIOS from the end of March. I did not have FIOS until mid April.!! I had the Verizon HSI Enhanced bundle from 3/27/12!

I work on a very busy unit in a hospital and am constantly surrounded by doctors and patients -- there is absolutely no way to hash this out at work, it has to be on my very lunch break. However, I keep playing phone tag with the nice people at the Customer Advocacy Group for Verizon.

Whenever I call, a voicemail picks up, then I leave a message and wait for someone to call me. But we keep missing each other and by the time I get out of work, the call center is closed.

Is there any other way of to fix this?

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411