VERIZON REPORTING NEGATIVE INFORMATION ON CREDIT
RyanCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the process of buying a house with a closing date of 12-15-14 atleast it was until verizon got involved. On friday the 28th of november 2014 I was sent an email from my lender saying that verizon had reported a delenquent account for $161.00 on my credit. And because there was a negative account they wouldnt be able to close the loan potentially causing me to lose my contract and thousands of dollars I have already spent durring the process.

So began my journey with Verizon to get this taken care of. I called on friday evening and was told by the cancelation department that they didnt send the bills to the right address. she updated my address and resent a bill. When I canceled in July the rep I talked to had asked me for a forwarding address; to send my final bill. I gave it to them and was told to pay the bill when I got it in the mail. So I waited.. 

When I spoke to the rep on Friday (11-28-14) she said that the Financial services department had to remove it. So she transfered me over to guess what; a closed office. they wouldnt be back till monday. The irritation is only slightly setting in at this point. On monday I called and was told by financial services that only the verizon recovery department could deal with credit issues. Ok, atleast im getting closer to where I need. I got the number and called them imediatly.. then waited.... a long time.. finaly I got a very nasty rep who said it wasnt her fault; and she wasnt going to remove it. I asked how to get it taken care of; she said talk to billing and sent me over there. At this point is where I started getting mad. But to every new rep I talked to I was still remaining polite because I know they didnt specifically cause the issue. When I got someone in billing they said that they would have to send me to financial services because they deal with this; and promptly sent me over there.. wait.. did I just make a complete circle and now im back at financial services?.. Ok so I talk to them, very rude lady by the way, but she adds a note to the system that the bill was generated a month after I moved out and was sent to the old address; not my new one. GREAT!. Then back to Verizon Recovery I went; where I waited.. Again.. For a long time.. then when some one picked up; they imediatly hung up the phone.. Ok so thats how verizon keeps call volume low.. Called right back where I waited.. Again.. For and hour.. very mad at this point but when the lady answered I couldnt help but to be happy I wasnt on hold anymore I kindly told her my situation. This was the first rep that tried to actually help and was pleasant to talk to. however after almost an hour on the phone with her; she told me that it WAS a verizon error because they sent the bill to my old address; even tho I gave them my new one. but she was told by her supervisor that she couldnt remove it. I said ok "so I have this account on my credit because Verizon made a mistake and didnt send the bill to me, but your not going to fix it?" to which she responded "Yes, sir" in a shaky voice cuz she knew it wasnt right. I then asked to speak to a supervisor; she told me she would check if the supervisor was available, then came back and said she would have to get a call back number because the supervisor was busy and would have to call me back that night or early the next morning.. I never got a call back Monday Or Tuesday.. 

The first time I spoke to the recovery department I asked to speak to the supervisor and was rudly told NO! She didnt even want to help at all only get me off the phone. 

FCRA states that I must be notified from Verizon when a collection is placed on my credit. Which I wasnt, I contacted them. It also states that they MUST send notification BEFORE they place and collection. They didnt update my address, not my fault; I did my part. Also they had my alternate phone on file and my email. So there is NO EXCUSE as to why I wasnt notified. 

I also have the right to speak to a supervisor if I feel my issue is not resolved properly. I was denied that.

I would also like to point out that in this whole process I was never asked to make the payment. I even told the last rep I talked to that if I owed the money I had my credit card; and was ready to resolve it and get it removed. They were so concerned about not fixing the issue they never even bothered to  ask me to pay the bill.

This will be the LAST time I have service with Verizon and I am considering dropping my 5 lines as a wireless customer if this is the way Verizon operates. 

I will have to spend months, thousands of dollars, lose the money Ive spent on my house and lose my sales contract over a $161 bill Verizon is not willing to correct; yet admits made the mistake.

UNNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Re: VERIZON REPORTING NEGATIVE INFORMATION ON CREDIT
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RyanCooper,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
RyanCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been a week and not 1 person has tried to contact me.

Thanks for the help Verizon!

RyanCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update! The item was disputed with the credit bureau and Verizon VERIFIED it was valid even tho I have proof showing the account was already paid and there is a $0.00 balance. Verizon intentionaly  falsified information to my credit. they are not willing to correct their mistake at ALL..

WORST service I have EVER seen from a company. DO NOT do business with Verizon. This isnt the only time I have heard of them lying to customers and not fixing their mistakes..

AND verizon said they would have someone contact me to correct the issue. They havnt tried to contact me at all. Just a post saying they would so all that read this thread will assume Verizon tried to correct the issue. When in fact they havnt. DONT believe their lies!!!!

Tags (1)
disappointedjoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

My situation is so similar.  I have been questioning/disagreeing/fighting with Verizon over a collection of a bill I never received for an account with only one charge!

My credit report shows I have been a customer since 2013.  The correct information is September, 1985 with the same phone number since Verizon was GTE.

The offices in Wallingford CT report to one credit bureau while Weldon Springs MO reports to another.  

My correct records should show 29 years of on-time payments.  

Weldon Springs MO sent me to Wallingford CT.  Wallingford CT sent me a form letter that says Verizon does not have to comply with credit rules.

Where do I turn for relief from Verizon credit reporting?  

Disappointed

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
theresultant

Right now at this very moment we have 5 Verizon bills showing zero balance due from a past account. we requested copies of account debt. Right now my wife's credit shows 813, 807 and 702 with pending disputes from us. (her credit will drop to 700 if not resolved) due to Verizon collection of $78.00 a year ago. We had no idea of this collection untill credit was pulled for the purchase of our third property 9 mos ago.. We never received any notification from Verizon on this. No final bill due, no past due notice, no pre collection, etc. after learning of the collection we immediately contacted verizon,,,what  a joke, long waites, transfers from this dept to that dept, this supervisor, that supervisor, this special team etc...filed disputes with all 3 credit agencies uploading zero balance verizon bills. 2 agencies have pending 1 sided with verizon...not sure why...We just received a letter from a collection company 3 weeks ago for this 1 year old bill,,,,.  Really Verizon.. so gues what...right now our Verizon Cell phone bill is $1100.00 past due. Will try and use it for leverage (pay for delete) or keep running up the tab and bail...... We are tying a refi on one of our properties right now with Chase and guess what..we cannot move forward until the $78.00 is removed. Problem is You can't just pay the collection, because it refreshes the debt and doesn't get removed...it shows paid collection and that is just as bad as not paying... we have the credit reports showing colleciton from verizon, we have bills from verizon showing zero balance...HELP.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello theresultant

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
damon329

I have the same issue. I only had service for 10 days. After cancellation i recieved a bill for 271.45. called cutomer service and opened a dispute. They sent a bill for 232.95 a month later. I thought the dispute was on going until i was refinancing my mortgage and verizon had me in collection.  No notice at all. Are you kidding me. My fico score went from 839 to 669. I call for a supervisor, leave my number and never get a call back. Ive been a wireless customer since 1995 and this is how you treat me. wow

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi damon329,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes