VZ installer re-used existing comcast external wiring - abominable mess
ezwicky

does anybody know if VZ monitors these forums, or are they just for interaction between subscribers?   i ask because this is really an issue for VZ installation QC.

i switched from comcast to VZ , and i noticed that the VZ installer did not re-run or renew any of the comcast RG-6 or splitters on the outside of my house.    the comcast stuff was all hanging down, not attached to the house but at a few places.... the two RF splitters are just dangling in the dirt...  you know, typical CATV contractor work.

the VZ installer did not even tackup any of the dropping, ground-touching existing mess.   he should have totally replaced it, but it's all the same old comcast-installed shamble that was there when he arrived.

i need to have that mess all cleaned up, replaced,  and run in a manner that a telco would require.

CS folks, are you here?

0 Likes
Re: VZ installer re-used existing comcast external wiring - abominable mess
Hubrisnxs
Legend

These are normally peer to peer forums.  They have VZ admin's who normally make sure threads don't go too off topic,, and then from time to time there are rep's that poke there head in to take a matter offline for discussion, but in general this is posted at the top of the forum.

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers.  
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

So you can wait for a response that may or may not come, but I would probably just reach out to them direct. 

0 Likes
Re: installation is a mess outside. they re-used the comcast sub-standard wiring
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello ezwicky,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes