Verizon FiOS Security Deposit STILL not returned after more than a year.
Kheiron2711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I originally started my Verizon contract in Feb or March of 2011. I paid a $250 security deposit as I had no credit history here in the USA, being a new immigrant at the time.

I called back after a year to enquire about the refund and was informed that since more than 2 payments were made after the due date, I would have to wait until 12 consecutive payments were made on time.

I understood and accepted that.

I terminated service with Verizon in January 2013. I called to enquire about my refund and was informed that since my last on-time payment was in December of 2012, I would need to wait until December 2013 to receive my refund.

I understood and accepted that.

It is now almost March 2014. After calling and speaking to countless agents and spending literally tens of hours on the line over the last few months, each time being given a different story ("We refunded directly to the original card even though that account has been closed for more almost 3 years" / "We sent you a check but can't tell you where we sent it" / "We sent you another check but can't tell you where we sent it but here's a check number if that helps") and I'm now (as we speak) on the line again, being gracefully bounced back and forth between "Customer Services" and "Financial Services", both of which keep insisting it is the other department's responsibility to handle deposit refunds.
I've now resorted to avoiding telling the same story over and over and leading with "Can you help me with my security deposit?", after which I'm immediately re-transferred. (I'm on transfer #7 today already.)

Looking around, it seems that people battling to get their deposit refund is a common theme with Verizon. A quick google of "Verizon Security Deposit Refund" has the first 3 pages almost solely dedicated to people with the same problem.

It's difficult not to feel like it's a deliberate stall tactic employed by Verizon to keep a longer hold on the security deposits, thereby increasing the amount of time that money is earning interest/revenue on their behalf.

Once this undoubtedly gets escalated to a Verizon Agent, I will provide all the required information, such as account number, original phone number for the account, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Security Deposit STILL not returned after more than a year.
Kheiron2711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am now being told that the "Accounts Department" are unable to find any record of a security deposit being paid, which is rather convenient.

I've highlighted that each month since I cancelled service, I have received the following credit to my bank account:

ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT VERIZON VERIZON REfund $1.46

This stopped in November 2013.

When I enquired as to what this was, I was told that it was a refund of the interest on my deposit, paid monthly until the deposit itself was paid back, which was supposedly in December 2013.

I'm unable to get a valid answer as to why the interest refund can be made directly to my bank account yet the deposit refund had to be made via check.

That's all besides the point at the moment since according to them they didn't even send a check because they don't believe a deposit was paid at all.

0 Likes
Kheiron2711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: According to the service agent (who was incredibly friendly), the "Accounts Department" are unable to find any reference that I had an account, despite having my account number, my phone number, my SSN and validation that I have in front of me all of my monthly bills, including my very first bill issued on 03/01/2011.

They claim they require my "order number" to find the information they need and nobody seems to have that order number because "the system only goes back as far as November 2011".

Nice.

I've now been told that a Supervisor will investigate further and contact me back. This wouldn't be the first time I've been led down this particular path.

0 Likes
Kheiron2711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still have not heard anything back from the supervisor.

Could somebody please escalate this to a Verizon Agent?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for allowing us to help resolve this matter for you. Since we have not heard back from you, we went ahead and closed out the case. If in the future you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know we are here for you 24/7  you can create a new thread at anytime. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Security Deposit STILL not returned
aravind1

Hi,

I recently terminated my Verizon FIOS account. I have paid all my bills including an early termination fee recently. But I have not received my security deposit back yet.

When I contacted the customer care, after waiting for like an hour I was told that the Accounts show that a security deposit refund has been made. But they could not find any other information.

They told me to contact the Finance department which I have been trying for the past 2 days, but could not reach them.

Please kindly escalate my issue to a Verizon agent. 

Thank You,

Aravindhan

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Security Deposit STILL not returned
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi aravind,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
silvh

Hi,

Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE ESCALATE MY ISSUE TO VERIZON AGENT SO THAT i GET MY MONEY BACK???????

I recently moved to new place and had to disconnect my Verizon FIOS account, I still have the internet and phone service at my new place with verizon.

I paid the security deposit when I opened the account over a year ago and still haven't gotten my deposit back.

I called Verizon (customer service, billing department and financial service department) so many times to get my deposit back and all they do is transferring me to other department back and forth, SO FRUSTRATING ...

I have paid all my bills every months. But I have not received my security deposit back yet.

This is unbelievable how a big cable company like Verizon can be this irresponsible and inefficient for this matter.

Clearly, this problem isn't just  mine.

I feel like they do that on purpose to make money out of the deposit????

Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE ESCALATE MY ISSUE TO VERIZON AGENT SO THAT i GET MY MONEY BACK???????

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi silvh,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes