Verizon Fios Now Says I Didn't Renew And Want To Charge Me More
patrickroe17
Enthusiast - Level 1

On October 9,2014 I called the customer number to renew my 2 year agreement.  I was offered the same rate as my previous contract with an additional $3.00 discount for something that I don't remember.  I accepted the agreement and listened to a recording and following the instructions at the end.  My problem is that I never received a confirmation email and now Verizon is acting like I never talked to anyone and now want to charge me more money to renew.  I did receive an email telling me the options I can use next time I needed help.  And I did receive an email asking me to complete a survey for the outstanding customer service I had received.  And yes, I did do the survey and yes, I did give high marks for what I thought, at the time, was outstanding service.  But I never received that important email confirming the agreement.

So now, I must decide whether it is worth it to let Verizon take advantage of me and accept what I have at a higher than agreed price or accept less for the same amount of money.  I personnaly feel I was betrayed and scammed by a company that I trusted.  On principle, I want to cancel the whole thing so I am looking into other alternatives.  However they are even more shady than Verizon.  But maybe this teaches me that I don't even need cable after all.

So in closing...  my lesson is...  WHEN YOU RENEW.  MAKE SURE YOU GET SOMETHING IN WRITING, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T THE OTHER SIDE MAY NOT BE AS HONEST OR AS NICE AS YOU THINK THEY ARE.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Fios Now Says I Didn't Renew And Want To Charge Me More
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi patrickroe17,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Now Says I Didn't Renew And Want To Charge Me More
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi patrickroe17,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes