Verizon Messed Up My Move
angryinrichmond

I contacted Verizon because we were moving to a new home just eight miles away.  Instead of processing a move, unbeknownst to me, they cancelled my account and started a new one.  Since this was my first move as a Verizon customer, I didn't know what to expect.  They sent me packaging to return my equipment, which I dragged off to be mailed.  Installers at the new house said that was so I could get updated pieces.  Suddenly multiple bills started coming for varying amounts with various due dates.  That's how I found out they created a new account for me.  They also cancelled the discount I was receiving from my employer.  And they charged me a $195 termination fee!  I never wanted to cancel my service.  I simply wanted to move eight miles away.  After going through the TORTUROUS process of calling customer support (they don't want to talk to you and I'd rather call the DMV) and spending about three hours on the phone with various agents over multiple days, they still can't straighten it out.  I'm still waiting for "{edited for privacy} to call me back from Saturday." Now I have to call the finance department and catch them during their office hours which coincide with my working hours.  They're threatening to cancel service at my new house because they haven't received a payment. No one can tell me if my equipment was received.  I'm sick of it all.  And when I ask the customer support people if they've ever called Verizon support, they say no.  Some aren't even Verizon customers.  And not one can tell me why I should remain a customer.  I'm stumped too.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messed Up My Move
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi angryinrichmond

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
davidirwin

Elizabeth S, I need your help, Verizon messed up my move too.  I moved on 1/18 and called Verizon to arrange moving from one apartment to another in NYC.  They scheduled my installation on 1/20 from 9-12 (ticket #

{edited for privacy}) and no one showed.  I called to find out why no one came and they told me they could do it remotelty.  Since then I have spoken to no less than 25 customer service respresentative (I can provide names of all if needed) and FINALLY got through to someone on Thursday who has scheduled my appointment for 2/10, MORE THAN 20 DAYS AFTER IT WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED.  We have very poor cell coverage in our new apartment and with young children and using the phone for work has made things very difficult for us.  I have been wasting about 1 hour a day of my time (and Verizon reps) to try and just get our service turned on.  Since I have no idea if my appointment on 2/10 will be held, I was hoping I could get someone to help me out and just get our service turned on (or even confirm if they need to come to the building).

Thank you!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

davidirwin,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes