Verizon Not Accepting Returned Equipment
DCPDM

I've cancelled my Verizon service, and attempted to return my equipment to the store.  Verizon personnel informed me that I could return all equipment to the local store, but when I tried they only took a portion of the equipment.  I was able to return the cable boxes, modem, router, and remotes.  They would not accept the primary boxes that push the cable signal into the house (there are 2 of those).  I don't mind throwing them out, but I don't want to be charged for equipment that I was told I could return.  

Please advise.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Not Accepting Returned Equipment
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you want answers from Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.  Click here for options: Contact Us

It's not clear what you mean by "primary box."  If you had FiOS, my guess is you removed the ONT, it's battery backup (BBU) and power supply.  If so, that was a mistake.  You should leave those installed and connected to the fiber.  You can unplug them from power and remove the connections to the coax and telephone, if needed.  Verizon does not want that equipment removed or returned.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you want answers from Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.  Click here for options: Contact Us

It's not clear what you mean by "primary box."  If you had FiOS, my guess is you removed the ONT, it's battery backup (BBU) and power supply.  If so, that was a mistake.  You should leave those installed and connected to the fiber.  You can unplug them from power and remove the connections to the coax and telephone, if needed.  Verizon does not want that equipment removed or returned.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gs0b wrote:

Good Luck.

And will charge you big bucks if you do discard them.  Probably there is a way to get them to remove them, but you are not suppose to.

0 Likes