Verizon Unreturned Equipment Charge - Series Issues
jhkf01

I've been dealing with an issue for approximately 10 months now. Verizon is claiming that I owe them $754 for un-returned equipment. The equipment was actually transferred from my old account to my new account when I move back in December of 2013. I've received multiple collection notices from collection agencies and now my credit report has been impacted by this mistake that Verizon has made.

I've been on the phone or have live chatted with Verizon agents at least 15 times, and have been made empty promises that the issue would be resolved or that I would receive a phone call to follow up on the issue. Now, in October of 2014, the issue has STILL not been resolved, and there is STILL an outstanding balance on my account related to un-returned equipment. On multiple occasions, when speaking with Verizon agents, they have told me they see that the equipment I am being charged for not returning is being currently used on my new account. So, why then, am I still being charged? And, why has this impacted my credit?

I cannot believe such a stupid mistake has caused me so much frustration. I am moving again next month, and will certainly be cancelling my current Verizon services.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Unreturned Equipment Charge - Series Issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jhkf01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes