Verizon Won't Cancel My Service as I Requested
adryric

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a little bit of my fustration with Verizon customer service. I called on Dec.06, 2013 to cancel "ALL OF MY SERVICES WITH VERIZON". I said all, not partial service. Yesterday I received a bill. Before I cancelled my service with Verizon I paid my balance in full.  Before I spoke to customer service today I listened to their automated system, it said I had a zero balance. I proceded to speak to someone in customer service. Long story short I am being given the run around and this is after calling Verion's customer service twice within the hour. The first person I spoke to basically said that my account was still active and that there was no notice of me canceling my service. Basically he could not help me with my problem. I wasn't satisfied with this response so I decided to call again to see if the next person would be more helpfull.

The second Verizon customer service rep was giving me an attitude and I felt that she really wasn't interested in helping me just like the first person that I spoke to minutes earlier. I was being polite, I wasn't being rude to the second rep that I spoke to. But I felt that she couldn't wait to get rid of me. I felt a tone in her voice and I didn't appreciate that.

So I told her that there was no need for her to be rude to me and that if she didn't want to speak to me and help me to transfer me to someone else. She never apologized for her tone or her rudeness. At first I felt that she was giving me the run around about my cancelation. But the moment I told her that  I actually had an email from Verizon with the cancelation order number she finally found something in their system about it. What a coincidence! According to her my interner service is still active and it's taking its taking its time to get canceled. How is this possible i requested cancelation on December 02, 2013. Today is January 05, 2014. In the mean time they are charging me for service that I canceled a month ago. According to her on my next bill which will be available on January 28, 2014 the balance that it currently shows on the bill I received yesterday will get canceled out. I just want to confirm that what she told me is true and that, will be the end of my dilemma.

SOMEBODY HELP! I WAS A GOOD CUSTOMER FOR THE YEARS I WAS WITH YOU, WHY WON'T YOU BE NICE TO ME?

VERIZON! IS ANYBODY LISTENING TO MY COMPLAINT! I NEED THIS RESOLVED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Won't Cancel My Service as I Requested
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi adryric,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Won't Cancel My Service as I Requested
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello adryric,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the bill and the service cancelation or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes