Verizon can't or won't fix wrongful billing, and continues to harass me
thinsocal

Called Verizon on July 8 to cancel our FIOS service because we were moving, and did not yet have a new home to transfer the service to. The agent told me that they would be sending boxes so that we could return our equipment, and that we had 30 days to return the equipment or that we would be charged for it. I told the agent to make sure that the boxes were sent to our place of business, because we were vacating the home and would not be there to receive the boxes. He took the address info for our business, and said that the boxes would be sent there, and that we should receive them within 4-5 days.

After 8 or 9 days (and after an emailed reminder from Verizon that I had to return the equipment within 30 days), I realized that we had not received the boxes, and called Verizon. Found out that the boxes were sent to the old address, and not to our place of business. The agent took the business address (again) and said that we should eceive the new boxes in 4 or 5 days. I expressed my concern that I was going to be close to the deadline if the boxes were delayed again, and that it wasn't my fault that the boxes were delayed. He said it wouldn't be an issue, since he was making a note about the reason for the problem, and that our time would be extended.

After another week, we still had not received the boxes. I called again. The agent affirmed that the boxes had been sent to the proper address, and should be arriving soon. I believe that we received the boxes the next day. We shipped back the equipment 2 days after that, on August 4 or 5. I knew that I supposedly had two weeks extra time in which to ship them, but wanted to be sure to get them shipped prior to the original 30 days, which we did.

Ended up receiving a notification from Verizon that we owed $1415.79 for the equipment. I called Verizon again, to check if they had received the equipment. They had, on August 8. Agent couldn't understand why we had been billed, said he was "entering a ticket," and assured me that the charge would not be on my next bill. He was wrong. Next statement, it was still there, and I began to receive calls, texts, and emails from Verizon demanding payment. 

By now I'm realizing that Verizon is totally automated, and that agent's basically can't do a thing. Not knowing what to do, I called again. Told the agent the same story, agent agreed that Verizon had the equipment and that I should not have been charged. I asked the agent to remove the charge. Agent did not have the authority to do that. I requested that they connect me with someone who did. When I was connected to the next agent, rather than repeating the story, I asked if they had the authority to fix a wrongful bill.They did not, so I asked to be connected to someone that did. Next agent also could not fix the bill, and said that there was no one that I could speak to that could! He stated that he could "enter a ticket" which would be viewed by a team that could fix the problem. The charge would be gone in 48 hours. I told him that, supposedly, a ticket had been entered a couple of weeks earlier, and that it had not worked. I asked for a phone number which would connect me to this "team" if there continued to be a problem. He reiterated that there was no such number, and that the "entering a ticket" process would fix the issue, and that the harassment should cease immediately.

It's been 72 hours now, and I just received an automated phone call from Verizon demanding payment. Checked My Verizon, and the charge is still there. I'm hoping that this post may find it's way to an actual human being that can take care of the issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon can't or won't fix wrongful billing, and continues to harass me
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes