Verizon messed up my service cancellation in Aug-2011 during their employee strike.
NB_NJ

I had verizon DSL till Aug-2011. I called the customer service on 08/12/2011 to cancel my service during their employee strike. Looks like verizon had temp staff handling the customer service calls. I was told my DSL service was cancelled and account would be closed. Not sure what she did but i kept getting paper bills.

In Sept-2011 i called the customer service again to find why i was getting  bills. The customer service rep told me my account was closed and that i could ignore the bill as the billing dept may not have the updated info.

Now till Jan-2012 i have been getting bills, when i called the customer service they say, my account was not cancelled and that i owe money on my account.

Has anyone had similar issues and if so how did you resolve it. I have created a complaint and they give back the same reason.

Do i have to go FCC,BCC or file a complaint with small claims court to have  outside agency take a look at this issue.

I am tired and need a resolution to this issue.

Regards.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messed up my service cancellation in Aug-2011 during their employee strike.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NB_NJ

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messed up my service cancellation in Aug-2011 during their employee strike.
NB_NJ

I will update this page if someone calls of i have any updates.

0 Likes