Verizon mistakenly reported me to a credit agency
GRBC

I hope someone here can help me, since I cannot find someone to help me on the phone.

I recently checked my credit report and I saw that Verizon reported me to a collections agency for an account I closed in 2011 after I moved to a new address. Apparently, Verizon never billed me for the last month of my old account (which amounted to $103) and even though all my old mail was forwarded to my new address, I never received anything from Verizon regarding this account. Furthermore, this outstanding balance never showed up on my online account. When I moved to my new address, I once again opened an account with Verizon and even chose to wait until a two-week strike among its employees was resolved so that Verizon technicians could install cable at my new home. I could have easily gone to the competition, but I stuck with Verizon. Now I am even more baffled to see that I've been reported as having a delinquent account with Verizon since the company never notified me that I supposedly owed them money (in spite of always having had my contact information) and I remain a client to this day.

I eventually called Verizon and they told me that they would send me the outstanding bill so that I could pay the $103 I allegedly owed. When I spoke to a supervisor, he acknowledged that this had been Verizon's mistake and I promptly paid the bill as soon as I got it in the mail.

My problem now is: My credit report is damaged and my credit score has suffered. This is the ONLY delinquent bill I've ever had in my life and I'm 39 years old. I am planning to buy a house by the end of this year and this blemish on my credit report is really hurting me. Is there a way Verizon can help me rectify this situation? As I mentioned, I've been a Verizon client for years and I've never paid one single bill late except for this one which I never received in the mail and was never notified of.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon mistakenly reported me to a credit agency
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes