Re: Verizon reported me to credit report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jeanarlot,

This is the original thread.   To access your Private Support case you need to click on your name to go to your profile page where the link to your case is posted.  Please follow the steps posted above by ElizabethS.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jeanarlot, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
mcas44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke to someone over the phone and they said that they would never take this off of my credit report (I mean, it automatically comes off after SEVEN years). I paid two years ago and at that time I was told that it would have been wiped from my credit report. The lady that I spoke to on the phone today said that there was no indication of that in any of  my records and thus they could not help me get this off of my report. I'm very frustrated because this has caused some big problems in my life. I was hoping to become a Verizon Wireless customer for my cell phone (I want to switch from AT&T) but this kind of customer service has been frustrating. 😞

Anyone have any suggestions? Has ANYONE been able to get one of these off of their credit report?

Also: I see that people are being told to make a case online, but I am only a forums member because I don't know my verizon information anymore. What do I do?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mcas44,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
mcas44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you know why my status on it set as "Status: Awaiting Customer Response"? I have nothing to respond to at this point, as Verizon hasn't had the time to post yet.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please allow a few minutes for the agents to post their instructions.

mcas44
Enthusiast - Level 2

For everyone elses reference who reads this topic: They were unable to do anything for me. Verizon won't forgive at all, even if the cause of this ending up on your report was partly on their end. (Though, they SAY it is 100% the customer fault). I'm very disappointed. 😞 I was going to switch to Verizon for cell phone service, but I'm sticking with AT&T.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be closing out this case due to resolution.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're

available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
flinndc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the long list of people who have been maligned by Verizon sending my account to collections and zapping me on my credit report.  My credit score dropped 100 points and I was just denied a loan because of this.  I was  a long term customer and had an A credit rating.   I have called and called Verizon multiple times.  I always get transferred from department to department and then my call gets dropped.  I am convinced Verizon has this strategy to fatigue callers so they will give up.

I tried to pay you and then you sent my account to collections without my previous knowledge.

I would really appreciate some help

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi flinndc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.