Re: Verizon reported me to credit report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Since you can post, you must be signed in to the forums.  Are you getting the authentication error when you click on the yellow envelope icon?

0 Likes
castfam2015

You know what Lawrence C, you can keep sending me private messages, that I CANNNOT ACCESS -  my password that I JUST created today will not work and i cannot get your **bleep** messages, so really,,,,,,,,,,keep sending them and I will continue to bash your company, how imbecile that you would keep sending messages when I cannot access them, just another thing to complain to people about Verizon,

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi castfam2015,

How are you attempting to access your private messages?  Are you clicking the yellow envelope at the top right of this page?  If so, and it does not take you to your Inbox, can you post a screenshot of the page you being directed to?  Since you are already logged in to the forums you should not be requested to re-enter your forum account password to access private messages. 

0 Likes
Verizon reported me to credit report
tajtmb

I am in a similar situation as the rest. I had ordered Directv and at the time Verizon had a packaged deal with them for phone service. I signed up for both services for the packaged deal and then was told the next day that Directv could not install because of the tree blockage in my neoghborhood. I called and alerted Verizon that I had to cancel because it was a packaged deal. I then asked if they had Fios in my area so I could get some sort of cable and that if they did then I would get a packaged deal through them for phone and cable. Well, FIOS was NOT available in my area so I continued the canncellation and was told I would not be charged since Verizon was not able to do any packaged deals since I couldn't get anyone to service my cable and no one came out to install the wiring. Well, that was in 2012 and I went to check my credit to refinance my home and low and behold, Verizon reported to all 3 bureaus that I never paid $103. What? How can I default on something I didn't owe? 

How are others handling this situation. This is crazy!

Thanks all!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tajtmb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
azhelp

I have tried three times to resolve my issue with Verizon, being told each time that the situation was resolved, and now my account has been turned over to a collection agency.

In April 2014 my family moved out of Pennsylvania and we returned all equipment to Verizon via a pre-labeled UPS package. In August 2014 I noticed that my account still said it had a balance due, for unreturned equipment. I then called Verizon customer service to explain that we had returned everything. After over an hour working with a customer service rep, it seemed that everything was almost done. The rep even called me and left me a voice mail saying that it was resolved.

Then in winter 2014, I noticed that it still said I had a balance due, and called and repeated the same process. On May 25, 2015, I noticed that my credit report now listed an unpaid balance with Verizon, and I called and repeated this process for a third time. Once again, I thought the issue was resolved.

Then, several days ago, I received a letter from a collection agency saying that my account had been turned over to collections. Never mind the fact that I have tried to address this multiple times and spent hours on the phone over the course of an entire year.

I called Verizon (both financial services and customer service) again on Friday, and this process started over again of trying to state that I returned all equipment. A customer service rep opened a ticket and offered to call me back, but has yet to call.

Please help me with this issue that has been going on for 16 months!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello azhelp

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
cmw4578

I have a similar problem. After being a Verizon customer for over 12 years I moved last year and got Verizon service at my new house. Somehow they placed my account in collections even though I was paying them every month. My letters to Verizon have gone unaswered. Has anyone had any success in getting this fixed? HOW?

Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cmw4578,

Have you tried contacting a support agent through telephone or chat?  Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing issues, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
BLUESLOVER7

Wow.  So sorry there are so many of us that Verizon has hurt our credit reports.  I have never had a call from a collection agency in my life until now.  My stepson was receiving bills at his address that I have never even seen and he didn't pay them, but it counted against my social?????  My husband told Verizon to take him off of our account, and Verizon didn't do it.  They suspended him instead of cancelling him, and we had no idea he was receiving these bills (he lives 3 1/2 hours away).  Verizon issued a credit to our account, which I assume was an admission of guilt, yet they won't straighten out my credit report for me.  I am at wit's end.  We are on a fixed income and cannot afford an attorney.  I was so scared when the collection agency called, that we paid the bill immediately.  I am so upset that I don't sleep at night.  I'm 67 years old, and I just don't need this stress in my life.

0 Likes