Verizon reported my account to the Credit Bureau's
jat02360

I have been a Loyal Verizon customer with telephone, tv and internet since at least 2003.  I'm on disabiltiy and on a fixed income, so last September I called Verizon to see if they could put me in a cheaper bundle, but I was told there wasn't any for existing customers.  So, in October I decided to use Magic Jack for my landline service just to save some money each month.  My bill was lowered about $30 per month.  It may not seem like allot of money saved, but it's allot to me being on a fixed income!! 

After I switched only my telephone to Magic Jack, I continued to pay my monthly bills with Verizon as normal with the new amount for just TV and Internet service. I retrieve my Verizon statements online and I pay my bill online each month.

Come January 2015, I noticed that my statement was missing from my online account, so I called Verizon to inquire about it.  I was told they were changing the system and a bill would be out shortly. I thought they meant, "thier" billing system.  I kept checking back.  A January statement for my account was never created.  I did receive a February statement as normal dated 2/8/2015 and paid the Total Amount Due, the same way I've paid all my other Verizon bills.

The next month, March I went online to retrieve my March Statement and paid the Total Amount Due as normal also.  

On or about April 4, 2015 I received a notice from IC Systems, a collection agency hired by Verizon for a bill for $137.51.  I called them immediately to inquire about the charge and they told me I have an outstanding balance with Verizon!  I didn't understand how because I had been paying the Total Amount Due according to my statements every month!!  

I NEVER received any kind of written correspondence from Verizon or a telephone call stating I'm pass due!!  There was no mention on any of my bills stating I had a past due amount!!  

When I went back into my Verizon account I noticed a statement appeared dated 2/1/2015.  It looked almost identical to the statement dated 2/8/2015 with he same amount due, that I paid as usual in February!  The ONLY difference was Verizon assigned a different account number to the 2/1/2015 statement instead of my telephone number which is reflected as my account number on the 2/8/2015 statement.  I don't understand why the account number had to be changed and if so, why did it take from October to February to do so? 

Again, there was NO notice or language saying anything about any delinquent balance or past due charges whatsoever!!  

I figured one of the two February statements was the January statement I was looking for, so I immediately paid the IC Systems bill on their website.  

Being a long term loyal customer of Verizon, I was and still am appauled that Verizon would send my account to a collection agency before even having the courtesy to notify me of any delinquency and especially when I still have an account with them receiving services for TV and Internet!!!  Doesn't anyone examine a customer's payment history first to see that they Never missed a payment, etc. before turning them over to collections?  What happened to providing quality Customer Service?  Or is EVERYTHING  so automated today with computers that people don't have to think anymore and they can't think outside of the box, but only can do and go by what the computer says?  

If I was sent a courtesy notice letting me know my account was being changed with a new account number and what the final amount would be for the old account number, after the telephone was removed from my account, there wouldn't have been any need to send my account to a Collections Agency!!   It seems to me, the fact my Veizon account was assigned a new account number created this mess? 

Then to top things off, Verizon reported my account to two of the three Credit Bureau's, as being Closed and in Collections from October 2014 - April 2015 with an amount of $461.  And it states on the report, the negative remark will not be removed until April 2021!!!  

First of all my account is NOT closed, I still have an active account with TV and Internet service with Verizon and the amount was NOT $461.00!!!  

I've tried several times this week to speak to someone at Verizon about this matter, but each time I was bounced around from department to department treated poorly and believe it or not, even yelled at by two different people in the billing dept!!  I felt like I was being bullied!!  The woman I tried to speak to in the Collections Reporting Dept. had no clue what was going on with my account, so she transferred me to Billing again, where I was yelled at!!  Every time I tried to explain, I was spoken negatively to and degraded!!!  

I have NEVER had such an awful degrading experience trying to explain my case to any company before!!   

I sincerely hope this letter doesn't fall on deaf ears and the negative remarks about my account with the two Credit Bureau's can be removed.  No one is out any money!! 

I look forward to a reply from someone at Verizon who is willing to take the time to review my account and understand what I've explained and make restitution by removing the negative remarks from the two Credit Bureau's. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reported my account to the Credit Bureau's
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reported my account to the Credit Bureau's
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes