Verizon reported to credit agency with out any final bill
Karthi1

I had a Verizon DSL. On April 2013 I closed that account since I the speed was very slow and no FIOS available at that time. I didn't receive any final bill from Verizon or any letter from collection agency. When I checked my credit report in September there was a past due reported in my credit report. I have contacted the collection agency and paid the bill of $54.49. I didn't know the amount due itself until I call the collection agency. If I would have received the bill or any communication before reporting it to credit agency then I would have paid that bill. With out sending any form of communication Version has sent a report to credit agency. I feel that Verizon is punishing their customer who are leaving with pout giving any proper communication about the bill. Now I paid all the balances but still my credit report shows past due. I am not sure what I can do to fix my credit. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reported to credit agency with out any final bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Karthi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reported to credit agency with out any final bill
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

karthi,

We have close your private support case due to no response. We hope you were able to get your issue taken care of through another support avenue. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes