Verizon will not honor it's price promise for FIOS triple play
GreginLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am totally disgusted with Verizon customer service.  I spoke with John, a supervisor at customer service today and he stated that I would have to bear additional costs on my monthly bill because of a disconnect mixup by Verizon.   The original discounts could not be honored because of new pricing.  He stated that unless I agreed to the higher prices I would not be able to watch TV.

I had originally planned to disconnect my FIOS service on August 31, 2012, but was talked into staying by a FIOS rep, on August 29, 2012 which was two days prior to the disconnect order.  She in the form of an email told me by signing up, I would be incurring about $132 per month after taxes for FIOS triple play an broke down what I would get, and the estimated charges for Internet, Phone, and TV.  Someone disconnected the TV portion of my Triple Play on August 31st, but kept my Internet and Phone intact.  John stated that the only way to reinstate my TV service was to void the original agreement and signup for a new one.  He could not quote me what the monthly costs would be for the new agreement but only stated that he had to void my original agreement first to do so.  He also pointed out that even though the discount terms were for a twelve month period, it was a month-to-month contract, so Verizon could at any time cancel the discount.

I pointed out that it was Verizon that disconnected my TV by mistake and it was unfair to charge me more than  $132 per month after taxes for a twelve month period.  My TV has been disconnected for more than two weeks, and Verizon has yet to fix this issue.  They keep bouncing me from technical support who thinks everything is disconnected to customer service reps that don't want to deal with the issue.  Some reps seemed to want to work with me, but then again it's been two weeks...  I have all of the equipment and jacks in place, so it seems like it would be a simple matter, but no one knows what to do except start a new order with higher prices.

I need some help here.  Can I get the FTC involved in this?   Verizon gave me until October 13th to return the equipment.

Re: Verizon will not honor it's price promise for FIOS triple play
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes