Very dishonest way of doing business. Verizon won't give me my 300 dollar reward card.
mishun
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up with verizon for 79.99 for 2 year contract plus $ 300 visa reward card. When I signed up there were two options. 79.99 with no annual contract and 79.99 with 2 year contract plus $300 visa reward card. Now after nearly 3 months when I called today to inquire about my reward card, they flat out said there was no information on my account regarding that matter. I even spoke to a supervisor and she kept saying I got into contract for lower monthly price. I just can not make them understand that there were two options for exact same price and only difference was that I would get $ 300 visa card with 2 year agreemenet. What would I do? Is there any legal action can be taken? This is a dishonest way of doing business.

0 Likes
Re: Very dishonest way of doing business. Verizon won't give me my 300 dollar reward card.
papasmurf1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was given a Verizon Wireless Gift Card as a gift from my mother-in-law and have been trying to apply the card to my bill for about a month now. I have tried calling the number on the gift card, I have tried using the #GIFT option on my mobile phone, I have visited two different stores because the one by my house said they didn't have the software on their kiosk to apply the gift card. I drove over 30 minutes to the other store and they ended up putting me on the phone with a representative who claimed his computer terminal wasn't working properly (excuse me? then why are you taking calls???)

The card specifically says I can use it to pay my bill. The catch, I'm finding, is that I'm being penalized for having a One-bill account. Verizon Wireless says they can't do anything because I have One-bill. Verizon FiOS can't help me because it is a Verizon Wireless gift card. The agent on the phone yesterday told me that two different supervisors told her the gift card cannot be applied to my bill even though the card specifically says it can.

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years and this is how loyal customers get treated.  I cannot wait until my contract is up for renewal.

Re: Very dishonest way of doing business. Verizon won't give me my 300 dollar reward card.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mishun,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi papasmurf,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

papasmurf, we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
sistaittybitty

I had the same exact issue. When I  a called couple of weeks ago for the inquiry, that's what they told me too. But I also signed up for the same promotion. I wouldn't have done a 2 year contract then. if I could get the same price without doing so. I've been with verizon for a long time, even manage my mom's and church's bill. I make the financial suggestions for them all. I've already decided not to deal with them anymore. I plan on breaking my contract and go to cablevision. They'll pay my cancellation fees too. If you have bad customer service, once you loose me, you'll never get me back. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sistaittybitty,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
hhhjr2

Its amazing how many times they have told you that it is excalated to an agent, but I am assuming they will never actually contact you. Good luck. My experience is just as weird, but I still have 28 days to cancell. 

0 Likes