Walked into a nightmare experience & would like to suggest better resolution
Emerald20

After returning from treatment for a serious health situation, I awoke this morning with the intent of calling my health professional. My cell phone & internet had been suspended for non-payment because I could NOT access my billing information online. 

This situation was due to my conversion from auto pay to an online "one bill package" which was highly touted to me and my account primary number was erroneously assigned to my dedicated fax line, NOT my home phone number.  I could not obtain an access pin number to view the bill and pay it, other than by U.S. Mail which has become totally unreliable at my residence.

I have been trying to resolve this situation for 2 months, in between medical treatments!!  Today I literally spent 5 hours in conversation with Verizon nonstop to the further detriment of my medical situation.  That was only because I CANNOT be without phone or internet contact.

My net success from this extraordinary effort was reactivation of my cell phone, and reactivation of internet service, but NO access to my email and NO access to my billing account information to prevent this from happening again.  I cannot blindly pay bills without access to whatever costs generated those bills.  Too many mistakes have occurred in the past.

Verizon's system appears to be SO ensnarled between various service entitties that a consumer is forced to spend HOURS from one to the other, and still another etc. to resolve what should normally take no more than a half hour or so at maximum.  After numerous attempts with tech support to release the suspension on my online account and email, per instructions from Financial Services, I was told by a techie in Mexico that it could take up to 48 hours!!

I suggest that Verizon customer service initiate some kind of central emergency investigation into their customer service, using a mystery customer approach, to avoid these kinds of situations from re-occurring and to avoid further medically harmful results to its customers.

I've been a customer since 1990, and have witnessed Verizone service in a steady state of decline.

0 Likes
Re: Walked into a nightmare experience & would like to suggest better resolution
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Emerald20. We'll see that you get some assistance. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes