Where is Operational Excellence and Voice of the Customer?
BADresser

it is my understanding that a two year contract has requirements for both sides.  Verizon to provide quality and service and the customer to pay as agreed.  What happens when you're a residential customer since 8/19/15 and:

1.  You're promised that a move on 8/27, five miles away, is FIOS ready and just plug equipment in and it's ready to go only to find out that it's not AFTER the fact

2.  You now rely on your cellular phone to remedy the situation and usage is $30 over plan but wireless will only cover $15 because residential didn't contact them and you thought they would since they were the root cause.

3.  You're promised a credit when you pick up equipment, which is missing wiring

4.  You find out that one box top is defective and you have to return it, with another promise of an inconvenience credit 

5.  The phone number you were promised was not the phone number you were given and another call to correct, with another promise of an inconvenience credit is stated

6.  Installation is scheduled for 9/4 @10:30 but at 2pm you're wondering where people are because you have a 3:30 long standing appointment and you call.  Sorry ma'am for your inconvenience.  If you want this appointment, you'll need to reschedule your personal appointment. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for another timeframe after the holiday weekend because 'we're slammed'.  Personal appointment was rescheduled.  Two techs that evening, one to relieve the other

7.  Wires in back yard still exposed two weeks later

8.  Phone has a buzzing noise

9.  Promised 50mps but only getting half in same room as router

10.  Bill arrived and not adjusted with loss of service or credits as promised six times before.

11.  Now on phone for over three hours to try to resolve billing issues, cellular issues, credits and technical issues. 

As as a process improvement professional, I'm flabbergasted by the lack of authority and escalation within this organization.  If Verizon were a GM or Ford or Honda or even. Home Depot, you'd bet your bottom bippie that they would drive towards a phenomenal customer experience. At the end of the day, the contract was in default due to Verizon repeated failures and the customer responsibilities would be on month to month venture.  It's time to give Comcast as shot and find a new cellular provider.   What have I gotten by my experience?  Nothing worth keeping.  I've been a Verizon customer between wireless and residential (In multiple homes) for over twenty years and this experience tells me this utility giant has forgotten its roots  what service is require to remain at the top.  My disappointment is beyond words.

0 Likes
Re: Where is Operational Excellence and Voice of the Customer?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BADresser,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes