Why can't you keep your records straight?
DPRobinson

For the second time I have gotten emails about an account that is not my account, intended for someone in New York who has some kind of hockey subscription service. One would think YOU would get your customers email correctly spelled. I have no interest in hockey or any such service, don't have FIOS since it isn't available in my area (and likely wouldn't use it if it was.)

Come on, Verizon. You can do better than that. Look up spellings and email addresses, and perhaps check your spelling. This is very annoying.

See below, pasted from your email to me:

Important Update Regarding Your NHL CENTER ICE Subscription

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

As an NHL CENTER ICE subscriber you are probably wondering how the current work stoppage affects your subscription. Please be assured you will NOT be charged for NHL CENTER ICE until the regular season starts. If there is not a full season, we will adjust your renewal price accordingly. If the entire season is canceled you will not be charged.

Due to the work stoppage we are uncertain of the season start date. Therefore, we have extended the cancellation date for NHL CENTER ICE to be the day before the regular season actually begins. If you wish to cancel your subscription visit us online at verizon.com/myverizon (see below*), or call us at 1.800.VERIZON (1.800.837.4966).

Thank you for choosing Verizon as your entertainment provider.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

* Note: To opt out from My Verizon, go to Account -> Account Overview -> TV -> Plan Details

You can view your account by selecting http://www.verizon.com/myaccount or you can copy and paste the address into your browser.

Ensure Verizon emails reach your inbox by adding verizon-services@verizon.com to your "safe" email list. Your email or Internet
provider can provide instructions on how it works.

This email has been sent from an auto-notification system that cannot accept incoming email.

Sign In

Forgot Your Password?

Customer Service © 2012 Verizon
0 Likes
Re: Why can't you keep your records straight?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about these emails. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't you keep your records straight?
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes