billing and account problems and horrible Verizon service
fsaldiran

I was billed last month, paid it online, got a confirmation number.

This month I got a bill saying I need to pay for last month asap or my service will be cut.

Apparently the check never went through. Instead of alerting me of this, you are telling me to pay double all of a sudden as in NOW and IMMEDIATELY. I log in to pay, thinking maybe I entered a number wrong and my internet Verizon page tells me that I am not allowed to pay  from my debit or checking account. I call verizon, wait 25 mins on the phone, get told that the check bounced and therefore I am on a CASH ONLY status. I check the bank account, 1600$ on the account. There is no way for the check to bounce. And yet, I am being punished and can not use my checking account to pay the due, despite having done everything right. I call verizon again, wait another 20 mins, get told that nope, sorry, don't know what happened but you're stuck with paying with a credit card or your service will be cut.

This is the worst customer service I've had since I started online payments which is about 15 years ago. I had swift and superb service with Time Warner Cable in New York, I moved and had to go over to Verizon and ever since, nothing but headaches. 1 month waiting time for internet and TV to be installed, then major problems with them, had to call the guy back, spend 2 days fixing it, then problems again, another guy came in and fixed that, then this whole billing disaster.

I don't know how you guys are still in business and I would NEVER have your services if I had another option out here. I'm off to paying with a credit card, your problem solving skills are stunning.

0 Likes
Re: billing and account problems and horrible Verizon service
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@fsaldiran wrote:

I was billed last month, paid it online, got a confirmation number.

This month I got a bill saying I need to pay for last month asap or my service will be cut.

Apparently the check never went through. Instead of alerting me of this, you are telling me to pay double all of a sudden as in NOW and IMMEDIATELY. I log in to pay, thinking maybe I entered a number wrong and my internet Verizon page tells me that I am not allowed to pay  from my debit or checking account. I call verizon, wait 25 mins on the phone, get told that the check bounced and therefore I am on a CASH ONLY status. I check the bank account, 1600$ on the account. There is no way for the check to bounce. And yet, I am being punished and can not use my checking account to pay the due, despite having done everything right. I call verizon again, wait another 20 mins, get told that nope, sorry, don't know what happened but you're stuck with paying with a credit card or your service will be cut.

This is the worst customer service I've had since I started online payments which is about 15 years ago. I had swift and superb service with Time Warner Cable in New York, I moved and had to go over to Verizon and ever since, nothing but headaches. 1 month waiting time for internet and TV to be installed, then major problems with them, had to call the guy back, spend 2 days fixing it, then problems again, another guy came in and fixed that, then this whole billing disaster.

I don't know how you guys are still in business and I would NEVER have your services if I had another option out here. I'm off to paying with a credit card, your problem solving skills are stunning.

0 Likes
jim90808

this EXACT SAME THING just happened to me.  i started service, made my first payment online.  got an email confirmation.  i went to pay my next month's bill only to find out my first payment was reversed (why email a confirmation when you PAY but not an email when your check is rejected).  i waited on hold for 20 min as well, and was told my check was rejected because of "invalid acccount"  or something like that.   basically i gave the wrong account number (of course i can't verify because online you can't see the checking account information you entered).  she said since it wasn't a check that bounced that billing services would be able to reactivate my online pay.. WRONG!!  the billing services people are the RUDEST!!  first i was accused of bouncing my check.. an argument assumed, then they realized no, it was declined because of a wrong account number.  BUT since i did this twice, i'm not in a CASH ONLY status and can only pay with cash, money order or certified check. **bleep**!! i talked to a supervisor as politly as i was able, but they have such a huge attitude, and basically said NO.  i did my best to explain that this seemed very unfair since there's NOTHING online that helps you out with this sitaution.  no email saying your check was rejected, nothing online that says why, etc...  i've got a new account because i moved, but was a loyal fios subsricber for several years.  i'm very upset....

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jim90808

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
kathyscheid

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY VERIZON FIOS BILL YOU GUYS DID A BAIT AND SWITCH WHICH IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL.

I WAS SENT A PROMOTION IN THE MAIL FOR 89.99 PER MONTH, FREE HBO, XBOX LIVE,2 YEAR PRICE GUARANTEE. NO INSTALLATION FEES.   I WANTED TO SWITCH TO VERIZON WITH THIS OFFER, I CALLED VERIZON AND WAS GIVEN A CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND A DATE THAT MY SERVICES WOULD BE SWITCHED. A MONTH LATER,  SENT ME A BILL WITH THE CONFIRMATION NUMBER ORIGANALLY GIVEN TO ME BUT WITH A DIFFERENT PRICE. THIS IS AFTER I WAS ALREADY SWITCHED OVER TO VERIZON. ISN'T IT ILLEGAL TO BAIT AND SWITCH?

0 Likes