complaint re: installation fee
crismike73

Verizon came and set up our phone, internet and 3 cable boxes on August 16th. I received my bill in the mail and noticed a $60 actiavtion fee applied over the next 3 months. I called to request an exception and waiver of the $60 fee, for which i was told that there are NO EXCEPTIONS for this with Verizon and that NO manager would get on the phone and speak to me about this request, since they do not have the power to waive fees. When I asked the representative 'Who at Verizon would i speak to about this fee waiver', they told me that no one has the ability to waive this fee in the entire company. This is a little outlandish if you ask me and quite ridiculous. I work in the finance industry and we make fee wiaver exceptions all of the time for good clients (please note my husband and I have both been verizon Wireless customers for approimatley 15 years and we were offered service with many other cable/internet/phone companies, and yet we chose to remain loayl to Verizon).The entire house was already pre-wired for Verizon Fios, as the previous owners had the same service and highly recommended it to us. I am extremely disappointed with the level of service provided to me on the phone by that representative. he proceeded to try and sell me higher costing package/additions etc, after he told me verizon woudl not consider waving my activation fee. If you ask me, that was just adding insult to injury. I was trying to lower my monthly bill, not increase the payment amount.

I would appreciate someone contacting me in regards to this issue. I am extremely disappointed at this time.

Thank you. Smiley Mad

Cristina

0 Likes
Re: complaint re: installation fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi crismike73,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: complaint re: installation fee
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes