Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
lillybell68
0 Kudos

early termination fee waiver?

My husband just lost his job and I've been unemployed for a while.  We really can't afford all of the fios services right now.  Is there anyway Verizon would allow a waiver of the termination fee under these circumstances?

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs

Re: early termination fee waiver?

[ Edited ]

hi, sorry about the situation.  these are peer to peer forums, so we can only talk from experience, and I haven't had any experience like that, and I have known a lot of people that have kept and left fios equally.  they are pretty strict about the eearly termination fee, but if they won't let you out of it, maybe try making payment arrangements.  if you're keeping internet and tv at all - maybe talk to them about how you can do it the cheapest humanly possible.     other than that I think payment arrangements will be your best option.    Hopefully someone else has some better advice. best of luck..

you can also ask them about putting your service on vacation suspend.  some area's are entitled to it, so you can tell them you're going on a long vacation and how long can you put it on suspend,   maybe two three months will be enough time for you to get back in the game with saving some money to continue?   just a thought.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411