i am locked out of my account
aliciamsw

Hi, 

I was trying to log on to my verizon.com account so that i could pay my bill online.  i do not use my verizon.net account for email or anything else.  

today when i logged on using my verizon.com username and password, it kicked me to a new site saying that online billpay will now go through your verizon account username.  it did show me what that name was however i do not remember the password for that account.  it told me to reset my account.  when i did attempt to reset my account, i got a phone call with a 4 digit pin to use. i did use that 4 digit pin and now the log in is saying that it does not match the pin on file.  when i try to log in with my old id, it says that i have been locked out due to too many false tries and need to reset my account. resetting my account takes me back to the incorrect pin and so on. 

i am unable to try any alternative logins as i do not know my verizon account number (hello, paperless billing!) or the password for my verizon.net email.  help! 

0 Likes
Re: i am locked out of my account
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
dpendleton

I'm in the same situation.. I can't believe this has been arbitrarily changed without any thought given to users in this position.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Zacccc

I am having similar issues. Verizon's website prevents me from being able to login and pay my bill on-time. I've been trying to login my Verizon account for the past year. Every time I enter my correct login info, the website gives me an error message of "Your account has been locked due to multiple failed attempts, please verify your account information". When I try to verify it, the website says that I need to provide my phone and a temporary pin. For the past year, every time I tried to pay my bill online, I've had to request this temporary pin, and then reset my account. This month when I tried to request a temporary pin, Verizon didn't call me with a new one so I can't even pay my bill on-time. If I try to do a one-time payment online or by phone, Verizon is going to charge me $3.50 as a surcharge.

0 Likes
wolfepack1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am locked out of my email account. I paid my bill late and my phone went right back on but my email has been locked for two days. Crazy. What do I have to do to get it unlocked????

0 Likes
mtnjam72

Hiya...I'm trying to pay my bill online too and I'm still locked out of my account.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks

I'm pretty much unable to call during normal business hours as I'm working in a hospital and don't have time to stay on hold for extended periods of time.

0 Likes