never received promised gift card, generally disappointed with service as a whole...
masherman1

When I signed up for Fios about three months ago I was promised a $100 gift card.  It was at a neighborhood event, so I believe the agent was actually a contractor.  I was told by the representative that after paying my first bill the gift card would be mailed to me.  The months have come and gone and I haven't received it.

That said, this is just one of many disappointing aspects of my experience with Verizon so far.  First, the whole home DVR that I signed up for, wasn't put on the work order and the install tech left before testing it.  That was a hassle to resolve.  Then the bill came and was much higher than I signed up for.  Then the internet speeds were slower than quoted.  The whole home DVR is still glitchy, I haven't received the gift card and the past three months has generally been an all around disappointment.  At least the bill was remedied with credits; but I'll be honest, there is very little keeping me from throwing this stuff in the garbage and going back to the cable company.

Has anyone else had this experience with signing up?  Is there a solution?

0 Likes
Re: never received promised gift card, generally disappointed with service as a whole...
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon regarding when you will receive the gift card? The period varies according to the agreement.

0 Likes
Re: never received promised gift card, generally disappointed with service as a whole...
masherman1
Yes, I've contacted verizon. They've told me there is no record that I should be receiving a gift card in the first place. It seems as though nothing that I was told when I signed up is true. The rate, the data plan, the options and equipment, the incentives...so far nothing has been true and it's been call after call to get things straightened out.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello masherman,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. We're glad we could get you the credit for you. If you ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes