Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

People (like myself) are having the problem return after we have already cleared cache and cookies. It happens as soon as I log out and try to log in again.

Justin, it's happening everywhere on the Verizon website, and even when trying to sign in to Verizon on the HBO Go website (which is a system controlled by Verizon, it's the same login module in an iframe).

0 Likes
Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
Justin46
Legend

@th3rtythr33 wrote:

People (like myself) are having the problem return after we have already cleared cache and cookies. It happens as soon as I log out and try to log in again.

Justin, it's happening everywhere on the Verizon website, and even when trying to sign in to Verizon on the HBO Go website (which is a system controlled by Verizon, it's the same login module in an iframe).

I am not a regular user of Chrome, I prefer Firefox. But I have had Chrome installed for several years and I do use it occasionally, mostly to try things out for a website I support. It is most certainly not my "production" browser, and I am far, far, far from being an expert on it. But here are my Privacy settings, maybe something will jump out at you about why I don't have a problem.

I have no exceptions in the "Manage exceptions..." link above.

Do any of the above settings differ from yours?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
leafygreen

I'm also having this problem and clearing the cache doesn't fix it. 

0 Likes
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I don't see any differences here. 

Until Verizon, its web software supplier, or Google own-up-to and fix this issue or we figure out what is really causing it ourselves, this should work as a temporary solution with a few caveats:

1. Click the Wrench button on the Chrome toolbar.
  2. Click Options in the drop-down menu.
  3. Click Under the Hood from the list on the left.
  4. Click the Content Settings button.
  5. Click the Manage Exceptions button.
  6. Where it says "add a new hostname pattern," type: [*.]verizon.com
  7. From the drop-down to right of where you just typed, choose Session Only.
  8. Close and restart chrome and see if this has solved the problem.

Notes: 

• You will not be able to stay logged in for two weeks by clicking the "keep me logged in for two weeks" option when signing in to My Verizon. Upon closing Chrome, you will be signed out again.
  • If you sign out of My Verizon, you will not be able to log back in until you completely close and restart Google Chrome.
0 Likes
giveup3

Van: I was told by a Verizon Tech that Verizon was no longer supporting Chrome. I have the same issue. I cannot use Explorer because my home page starts pagenations at the top, just one after the other. When I use Chrome I don't have a problem. If Verizon does not fix this problem with Chrome, I will go back to Brighthouse.

0 Likes
shrugger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if this will help anyone identify the problem or not, but I am also getting the Not Supported Method error in Chrome.

However, when I logged in to these forums from Chrome, I had no problem. And, logging into the forums has carried over into the rest of the website. So, now when I go to log into My Verizon, it has me already logged in.

There seems to be something different about the login scripting being done on the main My Verizon login that doesn't play nice with some configurations of Chrome and Firefox. However, something is different about other login scripts on the Verizon site that does not produce the same error. Perhaps those differences can be looked at to identify the problem?

NormT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found a solution on Chrome site.  Obviously they know more than the 'foreign' Verizon employees.  Go to http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/  and sign in and you will have access to your account.  No more getting rid of cookie crap!

0 Likes
sunman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This error is being reported on several forums.  The problems have been primarily reported with Google Chrome as well as Firefox and now IE so it appears to be unique to Verizon's sign in application.  

There are several solutions to use Chrome and other browsers at:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Google-Chrome-Users-and-Not-Supported-method/td-p/389...

you may find that using this link or webmail may allow you to log in without the "Not Supported Method" error.

0 Likes