terrible customer support
huliganchik

I've had FIOS ever since it became available in NY. First internet and TV/phone followed.

I had to call and deal with customer support in the begining to get issues ironed out. I remember when agent insisted on changing power strip when the issue was with faulty firmware. In any case i accepted incompetent support for the best broadband speed and free on-demand. about a week ago i moved my service to a new address and thats when it began again.

my account got closed and new opened for some reason. new equipment recived was in much worse shape then what i surrendered. tech had to swap 3 dvr units to get it activated. AND MY PHONE NUMBER CHANGED, eventhough i indicated to keep old number. called numerous times and every time was told order in and will take care of it. Every time I called, new request was put in for some reason. After last call to CS, I was able to dial out with my old number showing up but no calls coming in. at this point my phone service is inop completly. cannot dial in using neither old nor new number.

What also changed after last call to verison, my ability to manage services online. I am now getting prompted for a pin which can be send to a phone, which not only not working but it prompts to call that new number which was given to me by mistake and is no longer available. When I called dept handling online services was told that trouble ticket will be open. ETA is, ready for this? up to 2 BILLING CYCLES!!!

Also, while spending all this "quality" time with CS i noticed that phone line that was run from verizon te4rminal box outside into the house was run through window frame. When I complained about this sloppy verizon tech;s job was told that its now internal wiring and i have to pay to have it re-done (i will be replacing windows in 5 weeks). My attempt to explain that it was part of installation of new service only resulted in agents response that she'd been there for 15 years and never heard of fixing inside cable for free. Well pardon me but ive been in IT for almost 20 years and did my share of cabling and dealing with clients. Had I provided such work or level customer service I'd probably be looking for a job for a very long time.

To sum it up. I have no phone service. not able to manage services online. no mood to listen to incompitent level1 support.

0 Likes
Re: terrible customer support
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes