Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
Dan1el
0 Kudos

Loss of MSN Premium service, loss of email and features

I signed up for the FIOS service a few days ago only to learn my main email program and other features will be changed or gone March 1st. It was suggested to call MSN Sales at 1-866-205-6768 to help resolve the loss. I was informed this telephone number is discontinued. It appears neither MSN nor Verizon is concerned about the matter. I have been with Direct TV for 20 plus years  and not at all impressed by the wonders of FIOS at this stage. Has anyone else called this dead telephone line? Will the Verizon anti-virus be enough. Thanks. Dan 

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

Re: Loss of MSN Premium service, loss of email and features

The number listed works when I dial it. Make sure you're dialling 866 and not 800 by accident.

Taken from a post by MarkL here (Reformatted for clarity, probably not original formatting), this appears to be an email that MSN users received from Microsoft:

Dear Customer,

There are changes coming March 1, 2012 to your Verizon with MSN Premium and associated features.

What will not change?

• There will be no disruption of your Verizon Internet connection.
  • There will be no change to your Verizon monthly service fee.
  • There will be no change to your Verizon.net e-mail account or e-mail address.

What's changing?

MSN Premium will no longer be included with Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon FiOS Internet service in your area effective March 1, 2012.

As a courtesy to existing Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon FiOS Internet service users, Microsoft is offering special pricing if you wish to purchase an MSN Premium subscription directly from Microsoft. This special pricing is for a limited time only.

What do I need to do to keep MSN Premium?

• Simply log in to your MSN Premium account; you will be prompted to purchase a subscription directly from Microsoft through March 1, 2012. Follow the instructions provided and continue to enjoy the MSN Premium features you have today.
  • You can also call MSN Sales at 1-866-205-6768.

How much will it cost?

Once you agree to purchase the retail version of MSN Premium, you'll be billed at the special MSN Premium price of $9.95 per year for the Economy plan (excludes technical support via phone and security software), or $59.95 per year for the Premium plan (includes 24x7 technical support, McAfee® Anti-Virus Plus – MSN Edition, and Webroot® Spy Sweeper for MSN).

How will this affect me?

If you don't purchase a subscription to MSN Premium directly from Microsoft by March 1, 2012, the following things will occur:

• Sign In: Your MSN Premium subscription will automatically expire. You will not be able to sign into MSN via the butterfly.
  • Email: Your MSN primary and secondary email accounts will convert to free email accounts. This means your email address will stay the same; however, you will begin to see advertisements while viewing your email inbox. You may continue to use your email account(s) via a computer with internet access as long as you access the account at least once every 270 days to keep it active.
  • Antivirus/Anti-Spyware: Your McAfee® AntiVirus Plus - MSN Edition and Webroot® Spy Sweeper for MSN services will expire.
  • Locally-stored Email: Access to locally stored email for your primary and secondary accounts will no longer be available. Please visit our FAQs to learn how to save your locally stored email.
  • Favorites Bookmarks: If you are using the MSN client as your browser, any "Favorites" bookmarks will no longer be available. Please transition any bookmarks to your new browser before March 1, 2012.
  • My.msn.com website: Advertisements will display on the my.msn.com site.

What if I have questions?

Please visit our MSN Premium Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this change. If you have technical support questions about your MSN Premium software, call MSN Technical Support at 1-800-494-2962 or visit http://answers.msn.com.

What if I use a verizon.net account?

Please visit Verizon.net Frequently Asked Questions for more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and are committed to working with you through this transition to ensure as little disruption as possible.

Sincerely,

The MSN Premium Team

Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our online Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052-6399

Please do not reply to this email as this email is being sent from an unmonitored email address. ###

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools