.Com and My Verizon Self Service capabilities
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

This online destination enables Verizon customers to Get More Done, Stay Connected and Enjoy Entertainment.

Our online tools allow customers to:
• Shop and place orders for Verizon services
• Prepare for your installation appointment through www.verizon.com/whatsnext
• Manage your Verizon account
• View and pay your bill
• Get support through our eSupport tools
• Purchase and manage your entertainment

Which My Verizon features do you use the most and what additional functionality would you like to see?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: .Com and My Verizon Self Service capabilities
Justin46
Legend

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

This online destination enables Verizon customers to Get More Done, Stay Connected and Enjoy Entertainment.

Our online tools allow customers to:
• Shop and place orders for Verizon services
• Prepare for your installation appointment through www.verizon.com/whatsnext
• Manage your Verizon account
• View and pay your bill
• Get support through our eSupport tools
• Purchase and manage your entertainment

Which My Verizon features do you use the most and what additional functionality would you like to see?

What I use in MyVerizon:

1) Order Verizon services - recently used it to order STBs to replace what I had

2) Pay my bill - works just great, love it!

3) Access my DVR to schedule recordings

What I would like to see:

1) Save Favorites from my STBs, restore them, save them to other STBs - all of them, DVRs and non-DVRs

Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin

I really enjoyed chatting with you today and appreciate your input.   Just wanted to let you know that you can save your Set Top Box and Programming favorites by going to My Services and Selecting My TV. You should be able to save your favorites there.

Thank you once again!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

Justin

I really enjoyed chatting with you today and appreciate your input.   Just wanted to let you know that you can save your Set Top Box and Programming favorites by going to My Services and Selecting My TV. You should be able to save your favorites there.

Thank you once again!

Hi Patrick,

I have to challenge you on this. It is something that has been asked for by a number of people, but as far as I know I cannot yet do anything, via the web or the STB itself, to save my Favorites anywhere but on the STB itself. I just went to MyVerizon and looked everywhere I could think of, no place to save the Favorites that I could find; yes I can manage them, but not save them any place but back on the DVR. And, we need the ability to access, save, and restore from ANY STB to any other STB. Right now the only STB I can access via the web is my DVR; I need access to my non-DVR STBs also. For example, I have one DVR and two HD STBs. I use the same Favorites list on all of them, but I have to go through and create/manage the Favorites list(s) separately; I really would like to be able to manage my list on any STB, save it somewhere off of theSTB, on my computer or the web I don't care, then populate that list to any STB I want.

Anyway, glad to participate, I enjoyed it, will try to be back tonight. I am always, always, always willing to say what I think, good or bad Smiley Very Happy

Justin

Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

Justin

Thank you once again!

Hi Patrick,

I have to challenge you on this. It is something that has been asked for by a number of people, but as far as I know I cannot yet do anything, via the web or the STB itself, to save my Favorites anywhere but on the STB itself. I just went to MyVerizon and looked everywhere I could think of, no place to save the Favorites that I could find; yes I can manage them, but not save them any place but back on the DVR. And, we need the ability to access, save, and restore from ANY STB to any other STB. Right now the only STB I can access via the web is my DVR; I need access to my non-DVR STBs also. For example, I have one DVR and two HD STBs. I use the same Favorites list on all of them, but I have to go through and create/manage the Favorites list(s) separately; I really would like to be able to manage my list on any STB, save it somewhere off of theSTB, on my computer or the web I don't care, then populate that list to any STB I want.

Anyway, glad to participate, I enjoyed it, will try to be back tonight. I am always, always, always willing to say what I think, good or bad Smiley Very Happy

Justin

Excellent I always enjoy a good challenge.  We do offer the ability to set and manage favorites under My Services/TV/My TV and then the secondary navigation bar across the top.   I just want to verify that it offers the specific functionality that your looking for.    I will be sure to get back to you on this shortly.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

Excellent I always enjoy a good challenge.  We do offer the ability to set and manage favorites under My Services/TV/My TV and then the secondary navigation bar across the top.   I just want to verify that it offers the specific functionality that your looking for.    I will be sure to get back to you on this shortly.

Still challenging......

I agree, I can set the Favorites via the web, but for my DVR only. And I cannot save those Favorites on my PC or anywhere else other than the DVR, so if I have to, for example, replace my DVR, my Favorites list is completely lost, and I must recreate it again (I just went through this when I replaced my 6416 with the new 7232). Plus, I really want to propagate that list to my non-DVR STBs, and for that matter be able to back up the lists from those devices in case I need to replace them (may wind up being different over time for me, lots of people now have different Favorites lists on different STBs).

But if the function is actually available now and I just can't find it, come to the DFW area and I will buy you dinner (not saying where though) Smiley Happy

Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin

Great suggestion. I like your recommendation of being able to set the STB and DVR settings on your PC or in our network.  This is similar to how our Back Up Assistant works in our wireless services.  This would allow you to quickly restore your settings if you had to replace a box or decided to upgrade.  

I'll take that back to our development team and ask them to look into this functionality.    

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Great! Delivery next week?????? Smiley Very Happy