Do you prefer to interact with Verizon through our Self Service tools or our centers?
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our research shows that customers appreciate the flexibility and access that our self service tools provicde and as such they often prefer to interact with us through our various self service tools

How about you? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do you prefer to interact with Verizon through our Self Service tools or our centers?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on the task at hand. For repairs or troubles I often times will use the call centers or other means of communicating to perform a task. Otherwise, actions such as monifying account settings I tend to do online. More convenient that way.

Re: Do you prefer to interact with Verizon through our Self Service tools or our centers?
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Smith6612 wrote:

It depends on the task at hand. For repairs or troubles I often times will use the call centers or other means of communicating to perform a task. Otherwise, actions such as monifying account settings I tend to do online. More convenient that way.

Hi and thanks for the reply back.   Have you checked out our new eSupport tools on www.verizon.com/support we have introduced a new set of trouble shooting tools that are similar to those available to our representatives.

Also if you haven't already checked out In Home Agent you may want to

In Home Agent (www.verizon.com/inhomeagent) is a free application that provides direct access to easy troubleshooting capabilities for FiOS and High Speed data services including TV, Internet and Phone. It allows customers to quickly and easily solve common problems without having to call a Verizon center.

Examples of the solutions supported through In Home Agent include:
• FiOS TV
o Program remote
o Troubleshoot Set Top Box problems or issues with Media Guide
o Order replacement remotes
o Troubleshoot picture issues
o Set up parental controls

• FiOS & High Speed Internet
o Add computers to home networks
o Set up email services
o Troubleshoot connectivity problems
o Set up WEP and WPA security on your router
o Optimize network performance

• FiOS Voice
o Set up multiple mailboxes and manage custom features
o Retrieve Voicemail access information
o Set up voice call assist

If you have used In-Home Agent, what problems did it help you solve?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

I pretty much feel the same way. I will add that in general I have been pretty satisfied with my calls to the call centers, but if you read the Forums here and visit other forums you find lots of people complaining about the lack of knowledge and willingness to help by the call takers. I have only experienced that once with Verizon, I made sure to wait a while and called back and register a complaint. Having worked in a call center environment as a part of my job for 10+ years back a long time ago, I know how difficult that job is, and how high the turnover can be. But it does appear that Verizon needs to take some steps to improve the support available from the call centers.

Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin

Thanks once again appreciate your input.   We strive to provide the best service possible and so while we continue to improve and expand our self service tools we are also making major investments in our call center tools, call routing, people and training.  We certainly have opportunities to improve and are working to make our service better every day.  You should know that there are many folks working hard to ensure that we deliver services that are as good as our networks.

0 Likes
rrundbaken

tools

0 Likes
rrundbaken

I am getting a message asking to enter a 4 digit numeric pin and press select.I cannot get away from this screen. I have a Sharp tv.

0 Likes