Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
The Verizon Small Business Facebook and Twitter pages have launched. Follow Us at www.twitter.com/vzsmallbiz and Find Us at www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz.

Verizon Receives Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Excellence

by Employee Emeritus ‎04-21-2010 05:48 PM - edited ‎05-03-2010 03:01 PM

Last evening (Apr. 20), Verizon was a recipient of the 2010 Torch Award in the category of marketplace excellence. 

Accepting the award on behalf of our leadership team and employees was Fran Shammo, president and CEO of Verizon Telecom and Verizon Business.  He noted that the company’s more that 222,000 employees work tirelessly to deliver on our values every day.  Here’s the rest of what he had to say:

“It’s gratifying to have our efforts recognized by a great organization like the Better Business Bureau, whose reputation as an advocate for the customer is legendary.  We’re proud to live up to these rigorous standards.

“Verizon is the first communications provider to earn this top national award – and we are especially pleased to lead the industry.  Being first is a position that Verizon knows well and one that we strive for everyday. From building an end-to-end fiber-optic network, to delivering IP solutions, to introducing 4G technology, being first for us is about being the best. 

“Every day our network handles:Fran Shammo

1 billion phone calls;

1.7 billion text messages;

50 million videos and pictures;

400 million emails; and

8.7 petabytes – the equivalent of 4 MILLION full-length movies of streaming video.

“Verizon’s customers depend on us every minute of every day to help them make these vital human connections.  And our communities rely on us to help them use technology to solve problems and make our society better.   That’s why we’re working with our partners to:

• Use the Internet to improve education through our website, Thinkfinity.org;
  • Make health care more efficient through electronic records;
  • Conserve energy with “smart” networks and other technologies;
  • And protect customer safety, whether it’s on the Internet, on the road, or in their homes.

“These challenges will continue to grow, as will the role of communications in the lives of our customers.  No matter what, Verizon will not waver from the conviction that our technology, along with the passion and energy of our people, can create lasting value for society."

Comments
by bobmod4u on ‎04-22-2010 10:03 AM

This is a Joke. Verizon should not be getting any awards! I have only been a customer for only one year and in that year It has been one problem after another! 

I am not a hard person to get along with. And I certainly respect companies and businesses that are managed with  customer satisfaction in mind.  But of all the people and businesses I do business with, you Verizon are the worst!

P.S..  Why is your website STILL broken...  You are a Telecom company for pity sake!     

by lovesdogs on ‎07-13-2010 09:09 PM

It's difficult for me to believe that Verizon Received Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Excellence when their customer service reps lie, bait and switch, and no one at VZW, not even the CEO or the Chairman of the Board have the integrity to uphold what their reps sell.  The BBB is discredits themselves by awarding VZW with all the complaints about VZW's deceitful business practices.

by gstarn on ‎07-28-2010 07:38 PM

I was sold a FIOS bundle and when I received the Verizon box in the mail it was high speed internet equipment. Well guess what, they don't have FIOS in my area. And I have to pay an early disconnection fee. I am furious and this customer is tired of receiving form responses and no one has apologized or offered to make it right. I am disgusted.  More energy should be put in customer services and doing right than posting the well versed statements on the website. Magic Jack is looking pretty good and you can count on it that I will not be a Verizon customer as soon as this mess is over. I

Making a Difference for Our Customers & Communities
The Responsibility Blog — Learn how Verizon is using communications technology to connect people to the larger resources of the community—education, health care, accessibility and safety—in ways that make lives better. Visit the Verizon Communications Corporate Responsibility Report. We hope you will share your views with us.

To view vital speeches given by our authors, visit our speeches page.

About the Authors

Rose Kirk

V.P. of Global Corporate Citizenship and President of the Verizon Foundation

Photo of Rose Kirk

Rose leads Verizon's global corporate responsibility initiatives and philanthropic strategy, which focuses on applying Verizon's technology to improve education, healthcare and energy management.

James Gowen

Chief Sustainability Officer/
V.P. of Services Operations

Photo of James Gowen

James oversees Verizon’s supply chain, vehicle fleet, investment recovery, purchasing and materials management and sustainability initiatives.

Jack McArtney

Director of Corporate and Community Responsibility

Photo of Rose Kirk

Jack promotes digital wellness and online safety. He works with parents, educators, service providers, application developers and industry leaders to foster responsible use of Verizon's mobile and broadband networks.

Twitter
Categories
Related Info

Policy Blog

Discuss technology and telecommunications public policy.

Verizon at Home Blog

New or improved Verizon products and services.

Verizon Foundation

Information on Verizon's efforts to reduce domestic violence and promote literacy and education.

Thinkfinity

55,000+ free, standards-based classroom resources spanning every K-12 discipline.

Top Kudoed Posts

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools