• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Announcements
The Verizon Small Business Facebook and Twitter pages have launched. Follow Us at www.twitter.com/vzsmallbiz and Find Us at www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz.

Displaying articles for: 02-05-2012 - 02-11-2012

Nerd Youth Invade White House, Amazing Display of Innovation Ensues

by Employee ‎02-08-2012 03:09 PM - edited ‎02-08-2012 05:31 PM

Our guest blogger today is Sanjay Udani, who handles Internet and Technology issues for Verizon's Public Policy Development group.

I got a chance to go to meet some amazing people today at the White House Science Fair. A bunch of kids who had come up with everything from a better way to protect the heads of soldiers from explosions to detecting nuclear radiation in containers. Some very important people were there to honor them: astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson; Bill Nye the Science Guy; NASA astronaut John Grunsfeld; Craig Barrett of Intel; and oh, a non-engineer named Barack.

Read more...

LoveIsRespect.pngGuest post from executive director Marjorie Gilberg of Break the Cycle, a national nonprofit organization empowering youth to end dating violence.

Happy February!  While this month often brings to mind love and romance, it has an additional significance for me, as executive director of Break the Cycle, a leading dating abuse prevention agency.  I recognize February as National Teen Dating Violence Prevention and Awareness Month.

Did you know, one in three teens will experience abuse in a dating relationship and more than two-thirds of them will never report it to anyone?

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Read more...

Making a Difference for Our Customers & Communities
The Responsibility Blog — Learn how Verizon is using communications technology to connect people to the larger resources of the community—education, health care, accessibility and safety—in ways that make lives better. Visit the Verizon Communications Corporate Responsibility Report. We hope you will share your views with us.

To view vital speeches given by our authors, visit our speeches page.

About the Authors

Rose Kirk

V.P. of Global Corporate Citizenship and President of the Verizon Foundation

Photo of Rose Kirk

Rose leads Verizon's global corporate responsibility initiatives and philanthropic strategy, which focuses on applying Verizon's technology to improve education, healthcare and energy management.

James Gowen

Chief Sustainability Officer/
V.P. of Services Operations

Photo of James Gowen

James oversees Verizon’s supply chain, vehicle fleet, investment recovery, purchasing and materials management and sustainability initiatives.

Jack McArtney

Director of Corporate and Community Responsibility

Photo of Rose Kirk

Jack promotes digital wellness and online safety. He works with parents, educators, service providers, application developers and industry leaders to foster responsible use of Verizon's mobile and broadband networks.

Twitter
Categories
Related Info

Policy Blog

Discuss technology and telecommunications public policy.

Verizon at Home Blog

New or improved Verizon products and services.

Verizon Foundation

Information on Verizon's efforts to reduce domestic violence and promote literacy and education.

Thinkfinity

55,000+ free, standards-based classroom resources spanning every K-12 discipline.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411