Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
robgettier

1.9 update?

by robgettier on ‎05-06-2011 04:57 PM

This is not a new idea.  Was just hoping we all could get an update on 1.9?  Hey Joe, can you give us an update?

We are pausing for a moment to incorporate some customer feedback into 1.9 (e.g. SD Override wizard and improved contrast between the text and background)... we'll be back in action shortly.
Comments
by clambert on ‎05-07-2011 01:01 PM

I'm new and was hoping to get it out of the box.  No such luck.  Stuck on 1.8 for now.  I want it badly though.  :smileyhappy:  Not liking the 4:3 Guide at all.

by tahoejoe on ‎05-08-2011 06:28 AM

The scuttlebut on some of the other forums is that the rest of of the rollout will be delayed because the non-technically inclined are having a problem with the SD override settings so a wizard needs to be developed.

See this post for what others are saying.  So, the rest of us still have to wait for expanded hard drive capacity.  It would be nice if FIOS offered a complimentary upgrade to the larger boxes in the interim.

by Employee on ‎05-09-2011 03:47 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
We are pausing for a moment to incorporate some customer feedback into 1.9 (e.g. SD Override wizard and improved contrast between the text and background)... we'll be back in action shortly.
by on ‎05-09-2011 01:11 PM

Can't you deploy it immediately to the people that request it?  The SD override nonsense that is delaying this rollout is for people who don't know the difference between an HDtv and an SD one.  People that know about 1.9 are tech savy enough not to have these issues...

by robertf390 on ‎05-12-2011 12:29 PM

Hello:

I totally understand the rationale for waiting on the new 1.9 roll-out until you get the details fixed properly - what I don't understand is why the beta-testers were allowed to keep their 1.9 versions after they finished their part of the program analysis. Shouldn't it have been withdrawn from them until the final product is fully operational or released to all in any given VHO?.

I can be patient but would prefer we all be patient together - not just those of us who weren't allowed to participate in pre-market testing.

by tahoejoe on ‎05-13-2011 08:34 AM

Robert390,

Why on earth would you want to take somehting that works well away from people that already have it because the "technically challenged" can't figure out the simple SD override setting?  I thnk it is rediculous that we all have to wait to accomodate the lowest common denominator - the people who can't take the trouble to turn on the PC and learn how to fix their issue on their own.

by robertf390 on ‎05-13-2011 02:55 PM

Tahoejoe

I appreciate your response - the reason why they need to take it away is so they can the test the redeployment process and make certain the issues some people faced with MRDVR are corrected - my brother-in-law works for Verizon and told me there are more issues facing this rollout than people think. If they put the beta testers back to 1.8 (which is what was supposed to happen after the beta ended) it will help identify any new issues that may have developed with the software changes - as we all know too well - when software is changed for one thing it can potentially have unintended effects on other things. This way when they push it back out to them fresh (from 1.8) they can get a better read on how the pieces react to each other.

by ainny on ‎05-15-2011 10:40 AM

Will NEW customers in an area that already has 1.9 get 1.9?

by on ‎06-01-2011 09:29 PM - last edited on ‎06-02-2011 04:57 AM by Moderator

RELEASE THE {word filter avoidance} UPGRADE ALREADY. FREAKIN PROBLAM WITH DEMOCRACY TO MANY OPINIONS, NOTHING GETS DONE. BEEN MORE THAN 6 MOTNHS OF TESTING AND ASKING {please keep your posts courteous} FOR THEIR OPINIONS ON EVERY DETAIL .WHAT IS THIS CONGRESS? I GET UPDATES ON MY XBOX ALL THE TIME  NO ISSUES.JUST NEW FEATURES.DONE..{please keep your posts courteous} FREAKIN JOKE. CABLEVISION WAS JUST AS BAD , JUST OPPOSITE PROBLAM, THEY DONT GIVE A {word filter avoidance} WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT.OR WHAT NEW TECHNOLOGY CAN BRING. DONT FORGET TO RELEASE THE NEW 1.9.1 UPDATE HALF A VHO AT ATIME .THAT WAY WELL GET THIS 1.9 JUST IN TIME FOR 2.0. CHEERS . IPTV BABY .

by tahoejoe on ‎06-02-2011 05:48 AM

I think in anyone's definition, the "moment "and "shortly" has passed.  It has now been almost four weeks since the last update.  What is the status?

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools