• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
jeff8265

A Pnadora internet radio Widget

by jeff8265 on ‎10-10-2010 10:28 PM

A Pandora internet radio Widget would be nice. With the 1.8 and 1.9 updates and Pandora your DVR would be better then Tivo.

Comments
by Employee on ‎07-23-2011 04:03 PM

Hi all--

We have launched Pandora, an Internet Radio service that, among lots of other awesome things, works through your Set Top Box without requiring a media manager running on a computer. It doesn't matter if the computer on your desk is a Mac; Pandora works through your STB and doesn't need a Media Manager. 

Pandora allows you to create your own stations based on search terms. We've launched first in Virginia, Texas and California, with other markets coming soon. Hope you enjoy it!

Check out the announcement here: http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2011/pandora-the-leading.html

-Jason Henderson

Games and Music Product Manager

by on ‎01-24-2012 09:45 AM

Wonderful! How much extra is the one that actually works though? I just turned up service on 1/16 and this widget has not audio thru my system...others do, not this one though. Here in Plano TX and STB is a 7232 DVR.

by alevenso on ‎01-31-2012 08:24 AM

when will the widget be available in the Boston area? 

by kishy1204 on ‎04-23-2012 08:46 AM

i dont  think its fair that pandora is available to certain areas and cerrtain verizon office allows pandora to be available  ..there are widgets that  i dont use i dont like..pandora is one widget i saw available that i enjoy but i was told by a verizon customer service that its not available in my area...im very upset and feel that customers should have a choice of which widgets they want to have ..

by kishy1204 on ‎04-23-2012 08:57 AM

there are  customers in redbank nj that would like have pandora availble to them thru widget...that would be a nice feature to enjoy .

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎04-23-2012 05:35 PM

Not trying to rub it in or anything, but I have had the Pandora Widget for quite a while now, maybe a year or so. It did quit working for a few weeks some months ago, but it has worked very reliably lately. I have I think eight channels defined, I don't listen every day or week, but when I do the sound is quite good IMO.

Someone reported that Verizon was not delivering Pandora to other areas of the country because there were audio problems, skipping, etc. and that a new driver was needed to fix the problem and it would be delivered in the next level of the IMG. I have not had that problem, and I really have no idea whether that report is accurate or not, all I can say is that it works well on my QIP7232 DVR.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools