• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
SNOBABY46

ADD HALLMARK CHANNEL TO HD

by SNOBABY46 on ‎01-14-2013 09:05 PM

PLEASE add the Hallmark channel to the HD lineup. I watched Channel 239 (reg. Hallmark) on standard def. I just purchased a HD tv and was VERY disappointed that there was no HD channel to go to. I enjoyed channel 239 andwould love to see this in HD.

Hallmark Channel HD already exist at Channel 739
Comments
by on ‎01-15-2013 09:44 AM
Status changed to: Already Exists
Hallmark Channel HD already exist at Channel 739
by killians913 on ‎04-18-2013 07:59 AM

Please consider adding the Hallmark Movie Channel to the Verizon HDTV line-up.

by ScribblersInk on ‎05-19-2013 01:34 PM

I have noticed that the Hallmark Channel is available in HD, but you do not offer it. You do offer the Hallmark Movie Channel in HD. Why don't you offer the regular Hallmark Channel in HD?  I see that Time Warner Cable has the HD channel of Hallmark. Please give us the HD channel for Hallmark. When you have an HDTV, you very rarely watch channels that aren't in HD and Hallmark is one of them. I love the channel, but I hate watching it in the format you currently offer.

Thank you.

by Silver Contributor III on ‎05-20-2013 07:08 AM

While I agree that it is good to have as many HD channels as we can, it works best when they have HD content.

My memory is that most of the content on Hallmark Channel is SD.

Yes people will say that SD content shown in HD looks better, I would prefer a HD channel slot be used for a channel with more HD content.

by Silver Contributor III on ‎05-20-2013 08:26 AM

I would prefer a HD channel slot be used for a channel with more HD content.

I agree IF there is a limited number of HD slots available.  But are there?  When channels are available in SD & HD the HD channel # is the SD ch# +500. (In my area.) The HD slot for Hallmark channel is unused. So, does the provider (in this case Verizon)  limit the number of HD channels they will provide?  If so why?

by ChuckInFlorida on ‎10-08-2013 01:51 PM

I read a previous idea concerning adding The Hallmark Channel to the HD line-up.  The user making the suggestion quoted channel 239 as The Hallmark Channel and got a response of "Already Exists".  The correct channel for The Hallmark Channel is 240 and a HD channel for that does not exists already.

It is true that many of The Hallmark Channel's programs are not HD, but they have recently developed new programming that is in HD (i.e.. Cedar Cove) and even the SD programs seem to be sharper when broadcast in HD.

My wife and I recently did an early-out with DirecTV just so we could get FiOS and we were very disappointed to have to watch Cedar Cove in SD!

Please!  Help me keep from regretting the switch because my wife is upset and add The Hallmark Channel (240) to the HD line-up.

Respectfully,

A new FiOS TV Customer :smileyhappy:

by semadsen on ‎03-09-2014 03:34 AM

The Hallmark Channel 240 has no HD option which is very frustrating as they have a some new series like Cedar Cove and When Calls The Heart that are really great for family viewing!  Why does the Hallmark Movie Channel 239 have an HD option on channel 739 when the regular Hallmark Channel 240 doesn't have one at all?  C'mon Verizon, get it together, your loyal subscribers cannot watch new programming on lousy, blurry SD channels!!!

'

by semadsen on ‎03-25-2014 06:25 PM

When is Verizon gonna step up and have EVERY station available in HD???  It's ridiculous that I'm watching a brand new television series on Hallmark Channel 240 in your lousy standard definition in 2014!  Time Warner and Directv both have it available in HD so you're gonna lose a long term customer if some changes aren't made.  Oh, and by the way, your Video on Demand playback is god awful, the picture isn't nearly as good as watching the show on it's regular station!  

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools