Customers With Disabilities
FilmRadical

ADD all Digital Subchannels (in HD)

by FilmRadical on ‎04-03-2012 10:53 PM

I recently became a big fan of Live Well Network through watching episodes of its shows (Motion rocks!) on its website (albiet in poor quality). However, when I went to find it on the Fios line-up(Plano TX area) it was no where to be found. When trying to understand the reason why it was missing I apparently found out that while it could be found on basic digital televisions as a sub channel of the local WFAA-8 (Live Well is  channel 8.3). Why is Live Well and other digital sub channels not avalible on Fios? If it's avalible on basic digital cable how can it not be avalible through my Ultimate HD Fios package, which I pay ~$100 a month for?

Comments
by Silver Contributor V on ‎04-04-2012 06:40 AM

Probably doesn't help you, but in the NY area Live Well is carried in HD in 467 and in SD at 468.  Might be some where in the 400's for you as well, but don't know.  They have been using this range for some subchannels. 

by FilmRadical ‎04-04-2012 03:28 PM - edited ‎04-04-2012 03:32 PM

Thanks tns but I've checked up and down the entire channel list and can't find it. I think we have 1 or 2 of the subchannels in the high 200s - low 300s, but far from the majority of the subchannels. I've heard from some family in california that they get all their digital subchannels on Fios which only adds to my confusion/frustration. So I guess I wish I lived in the NY area for yet another reason. :smileyfrustrated:

by on ‎04-05-2012 04:40 PM

If you haven't already done so, you might try the station's web page.

On the left side of the main page, at "See Us On Tv,"  you can choose your nearest city and find a lsit of carriers.

At "About Us" and "About LWN," it says, "It is available in over 60-percent of the U.S."  This isn't a very
high percentage, is it?  But it also mentions that it's "[o]ne of the fastest growing digital networks," so that

sounds hopeful. 

And here's something encouraging: "The network's website features a variety of resources, including hundreds of recipes, expert advice and complete video of each episode."  So it sounds as if you could watch it on your computer until FiOS gets it in your area.

by FilmRadical on ‎04-09-2012 03:55 PM

Thanks for the encouraging comments AnnJ. Yea I hope Verizon adds it soon. Nature shows like motion (on Live Well)are most awesome when seen in HD, but until they finally add it, the ipad app or website for the live well network will have to suffice.

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:13 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by PuppyDogPlace on ‎08-25-2012 08:07 PM

It is embarassing that Verizon will go out of its way to add national channels, only to eliminate (and not offer) local .2 channels that are available in the community and over the air.  If we are to alter our systems to receive these channels, why do we need cable?

by pdroth on ‎07-02-2013 08:21 AM

Automatic HD, if you will.    It's 2013, and you haven't been able to buy a non-HD television for at least 5 yrs now.   Time to put the HD at the top of the dial instead of relegating so far down that most average people don't even know it's there (yes, that's true unfortuantely).

But a setting to default all channels to HD when there is an available stream would be great for surfing.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎07-02-2013 08:28 AM

While I generally agree with your suggestion, I don't think any solution will be coming from Verizon anytime soon, there are still a surprising number of users out there with SD TVs, many with HD boxes (a Verizon DVR for example, is only available in HD these days).

In the meantime, the easy and effective solution is to set up a Favorites list with only the HD channels, and set your STB(s) to always use that Favorites list in the guide and when channel surfing. Maybe not a perfect solution, but certainly far better than seeing all of the SD channels by default.

by Silver Contributor III on ‎07-02-2013 08:43 AM

"It's 2013, and you haven't been able to buy a non-HD television for at least 5 yrs now. "

But there is still a lot of non-HD programming available.  Shows that a lot of people, including me, like. 

"Time to put the HD at the top of the dial instead of relegating so far down that most average people don't even know it's there..."

Some people may not know, but most?  I doubt that is true.  That idea will make some people happy, but annoy others.

"But a setting to default all channels to HD when there is an available stream would be great for surfing."

That I agree with.   The present HD option in the guide makes non-HD channels invisible which makes it a useless option for  users like me. 

by on ‎07-02-2013 09:21 AM

When you choose that you have a HD TV in the STB there should be a way for the box to display the HD channel by default.  For example when you choose NBC Channel 4 it should show you the HD channel. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools